TEW05 Real World Update: March 2012

Spoilers affecting Dragon Gate & DGUSA/EVOLVE:

Remove Naruki Doi from Blood Warriors & rename Blood Warriors to Mad Blankey.

Source: iHEARTdg

Is that a stable name change for both DG and DGUSA?

Yes. Add Ring Ka King. Eastern Europe

This is wrong on so many levels!

Personally i'd rather not add the promotion but will do if there is such a call, i personally think Russia is the cut off for East Europe.

- Lucha Libre USA is airing in Syndication now in the US.

Very limited syndication. California is the only state I've heard its going to be on.

Would it not be better to have it as local south west TV then?

Also I've been out of the loop for a bit, is SMASH closing down soon, and chances are EVE will be added for the April update.

SMASH is closing this month according to reports

PWinsider:

SMASH, The Japanese promotion run by former WWE and ECW star Yoshihiro Tajiri, announced that they would be shutting down operations this March. Tajiri noted that the company was closing due to "creative" issues within management and all shows through March would take place as scheduled.

The word making the rounds in the last week has been that WWE has reached out to a number of Cruiserweight style wrestlers that had worked for the company in the past for their planned Cruiser series that would debut as part of the WWE Network. While nothing is confirmed, Tajiri would fit that bill.

Ok, since it’s been confirmed for closing on March 14th they will be removed for the April update.

Looking at promotions to add for April, Pro Wrestling EVE will pretty much be included, as for a replacement for SMASH I did a quick look around at active Japanese feds and there is Kensuke Office/Diamond Ring which according to wiki is working as a development promotion for NOAH.

Tick Very Religious for Lance Hoyt and Ted DiBiase Jr. Quote verses on twitter often, thank god, etc.

The verses is fine but "Thank god" or "Thank the lord" are two things i say all the time and I'm not religious in the slightest. Those sayings don't really mean anything to this.

Tick Very Religious for Lance Hoyt and Ted DiBiase Jr. Quote verses on twitter often, thank god, etc.

The verses is fine but "Thank god" or "Thank the lord" are two things i say all the time and I'm not religious in the slightest. Those sayings don't really mean anything to this.

Didn't mean it in that aspect (I use those sayings as well), I mean't in terms of actually thanking god for just about everything. Such as "Another great day, thank god, my life is good, bible verse, etc".

Can anyone find any records of German Stampede Wrestling putting on a show since 2008, that's the most recent I can find.

Their last event was GSW TEN last November. As I wrote in my first post in this thread, the GSW is currently on hiatus but there are plans to return in the second half of 2012.

For promotions to add: Maybe add Pro Wrestling Syndicate

I looked at their website and it seems that nearly 100% of the wrestlers/staff are in the game.

http://www.bedofnailz.com/pwsroster.html

Edited by No1Thuganomic

Just a follow up, because I know there was some talk about it a while ago, Vin Gerard is still in Chikara. It's basically the same angle as Kevin Steen being "fired" in ROH (They call him "He who shall not be named" during commentary)

For promotions to add: Maybe add Pro Wrestling Syndicate

I looked at their website and it seems that nearly 100% of the wrestlers/staff are in the game.

http://www.bedofnailz.com/pwsroster.html

When it comes to promotions I want to have card positions, gimmicks and alignments for the roster, a lot of the time I just put people as midcarders with old school gimmicks when it’s not clear, plus having someone who knows about a promotion means it’s easier for it be to updated regurlarly.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Spoilers affecting Dragon Gate & DGUSA/EVOLVE:

Remove Naruki Doi from Blood Warriors & rename Blood Warriors to Mad Blankey.

Source: iHEARTdg

Is that a stable name change for both DG and DGUSA?

YES, Dragon Gate USA had this a few days ago:

March 6th: There were several major happenings with the stables in Japan over the weekend, which will carry over to DGUSA and EVOLVE. Here is the scorecard:

Masato Yoshino asked Naruki Doi to reform their legendary tag team and Doi agreed. Their first match together as a team will be on March 25th in Japan. They will announce the name of their stable then. Yoshino had already been teaming with Ricochet. However, Yoshino also asked PAC to join the group and PAC agreed, ending his rivalry with Ricochet (which ended in DGUSA last November). Doi then asked Rich Swann to join. This new, exciting stable has Yoshino, Doi, PAC, Ricochet and Swann.

Jimmy Susumu, Ryo Saito and Genki Horiguchi are the DGUSA members who have formed the "Jimmy" group in Japan. They currently have the Open The Triangle Gate and Open The Twin Gate Titles.

The Veteran Army, which is the first class of wrestlers in Dragon Gate, now includes CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Gamma and Stalker Ichikawa.

Akira Tozawa said Blood Warriors was a stupid name and has renamed the group Mad Blankey. We aren't sure what this means yet either. The stable has Tozawa, BxB Hulk and Uhaa Nation. It is unknown where Brodie Lee stands.

YAMATO and Shingo Takagi remain isolated as a two man stable.

Please visit www.IheartDG.com for more in depth information on all of this and Dragon Gate results.

- Rename the CZW event Swingin For The Fences to Best of the Best since it's an annual event.

- Lower Ted DiBiase Jr's leg condition 3-5%

Lower his arm health by the same amount as well, having shoulder surgery.

Tick UK as an active area for John Hennigan/Morrison. He's working for Preston City Wrestling towards the end of the year.Also, I'd say have him set to semi-active or on hiatus, pending on your judgement considering he is taking bookings.

Edited by tougie

- Rename the CZW event Swingin For The Fences to Best of the Best since it's an annual event.

Tick UK as an active area for John Hennigan/Morrison. He's working for Preston City Wrestling towards the end of the year.Also, I'd say have him set to semi-active or on hiatus, pending on your judgement considering he is taking bookings.

Why semi-active, he is currently active and I'd assume he is waiting on his 30 days to be up.

Why semi-active, he is currently active and I'd assume he is waiting on his 30 days to be up.

Didn't his contract expire? Meaning he was able to go straight to any other promotion the next day?

Yeah he can go anywhere he wants. He has said in interviews he was going to try some acting but you know he can't cut a promo so who knows.

That was my reasoning for saying semi-active....figured everyone knew about his statement.

Can some do a double check for me; I working on a Ultimate Pack for everyone, before I start my new job in the next few days so far I have:

Match types: 1223

Gimmicks: 547 *

Angles: 1792 *

Storylines: 312 *

* star means finish for now

This Just is just a double check from Capt. and The Who's to make sure that I didn't mistakenly paste the wrong file :)