Eurovision 2012!

Katsuya

Sweden twas my favourite that I chose beforehand. And also conveninelty my randomly chosen song for drinkes when they get top points. Noq to try plaing fifa against my friend who was romania. He is not so drunk, as he had Romania.

I missed the competition so I can't comment on his performance, but you know what? That Engelbert Humperdinck song's alright. The guy's had a residency in Las Vegas, and despite that clapped out nature of the people there, you still have to be a bloody good performer, so I'd expect he nailed the performance.

So yeah, it's a nice song. Problem is, it's not at all immediately catchy, which is what these songs will be judged on if they're only being listened to once. Should have played it safe and got Humperdinck to do Ooh Ah Just a Little Bit or something. :shifty:

Aww, Naitch is doing his first drunk posting! That is so cute.

Also, Russia was snubbed. And cheated. The best thing was that was Danish commentator for the evening was bitter as fuck. It was hilarious.

Naitch :lol:

Norton said near the end that the Sweden song has already topped the charts in several countries? We need to try this tactic next year, stick an internationally well known act on and watch the votes roll in...maybe.

You know we might actually do better next year if we don't just try and pick an act that *we* think Europe might like. I don't think it's anymore complicated than that. Although presumably next year's song will just be written by Gary Barlowe.