The Punk Thread

RPS

14 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

I often forget how bad ass this band is. The stuff from Victim in Pain and Cause For Alarm are great. 

Yea, I've been getting back into the more hardcore, and NYHC side, of punk,and I've actually forgotten how much I loved it

I guess I'm in a punk band so this can go here. 

The two people introducing us are the drummers girlfriend and her friend, they do a pro wrestling shtick. But uh skip ahead fir music, though the promo has some funny moments (like the mom of another band yelling out "fuck you" at Sleazy Money). 

We perform Krewe Du Viuex and I Get By. I'm in the white shirt closest to the camera. 

Sound isn't all that good because it's a phone recording. But hey, it's a start!

• Like 3

On 29/08/2023 at 13:12, VerbalPuke said:

I often forget how bad ass this band is. The stuff from Victim in Pain and Cause For Alarm are great. 

Just found out AF and Murphys Law are playing less then an hour north of me later this month.  Gonna see if I can get that day off of work.

Would be my first live concert in a VERY long time.  Almost got trampled at a Warped Tour many years ago, and ever since large crowds make me feel uneasy...but AF is one of my favorite bands so its hard to turn that down

• Like 2

Couldn't get the day off, so I didn't see Agnostic Front, but I'll be keeping an eye on this venue.  If they book AF, they'll probably book other bands I'm into in the future

On 29/08/2023 at 13:12, VerbalPuke said:

I've been reading Roger Mirets autobiography My Riot: Agnostic Front, Grit, Guts & Glory

Its actually surprising to read that Roger is completely indifferent to Cause For Alarm.  He says something like "Some people love Cause For Alarm, some people hate it.  To this day, I'm not sure which side I'm on"

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lint said:

I've been reading Roger Mirets autobiography My Riot: Agnostic Front, Grit, Guts & Glory

Its actually surprising to read that Roger is completely indifferent to Cause For Alarm.  He says something like "Some people love Cause For Alarm, some people hate it.  To this day, I'm not sure which side I'm on"

Personally I'm on the love side of it.  That one and Victim in Pain are great.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Malenko said:

Personally I'm on the love side of it.  That one and Victim in Pain are great.

Yea, AF is one of those bands I always liked, but never really listened to much.  Saw them live once opening for Dropkick Murphy's back when Mike was still the singer for DKM.  AF's set lasted all of about 2 minutes before Roger jumped into the pit and starting punch some Nazi skinhead 

Cause For Alarm is such a great album

• Like 2

https://theboresdetroit.bandcamp.com/album/basement-demos?logged_in_mobile_menubar=true&search_item_id=1230618443&search_item_type=b&search_match_part=%3F&search_page_id=2846435975&search_page_no=0&search_rank=2

So we now have demos! Figure I'll post here instead of the musician thread since we're a proper band.

There's 7 songs, my favorite of the bunch is Toxic Avengers. 

Oh and if anybody is feeling like driving to Detroit we are playing a gig I'm Corktown tomorrow night. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

https://theboresdetroit.bandcamp.com/album/basement-demos?logged_in_mobile_menubar=true&search_item_id=1230618443&search_item_type=b&search_match_part=%3F&search_page_id=2846435975&search_page_no=0&search_rank=2

So we now have demos! Figure I'll post here instead of the musician thread since we're a proper band.

There's 7 songs, my favorite of the bunch is Toxic Avengers. 

Oh and if anybody is feeling like driving to Detroit we are playing a gig I'm Corktown tomorrow night. 

I really like it. It's more melodic than I expected. I like the first 2 and the last 2 the most, but that's to be expected considering they're more similar to what I usually listen to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

I really like it. It's more melodic than I expected. I like the first 2 and the last 2 the most, but that's to be expected considering they're more similar to what I usually listen to.

Yea, these were all written before I joined. Its good for me because its helping me explore more meodic songs. I agree with you that the first and last two are probably my favorites. 

If you're feeling frisky give us a follow, the lads would be geeked to find out we have a fan overseas 😀

23 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yea, these were all written before I joined. Its good for me because its helping me explore more meodic songs. I agree with you that the first and last two are probably my favorites. 

If you're feeling frisky give us a follow, the lads would be geeked to find out we have a fan overseas 😀

I think I did. You meant bandcamp, right?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ruki said:

Haven't listened to Sum 41 in a long time.  Gotta admit I was disappointed by All Killer, No Filler after I bought it.  Was hoping for more of that punk/rap feel of 'Fat Lip' and didn't like the rest of the album was fairly generic pop punk.

I do like this song though

• 2 weeks later...