The Punk Thread

RPS

First off, fuck Michale Graves. His music has helped me through a lot, and I will continue to listen to it because of the memories and feelings that it gives me, but the man won't see another cent from me and any time someone asks about Graves, I'm going to tell them he's a piece of shit.

Similarly, former Misfits drummer Dr Chud was outed a while back as being a sexual predator and has gone on the attack against Alex Story of Cancerslug. Chud posted a doctored case file and text message convo that was supposed to make it look like Alex is a snitch and a racist... but they've both been proven to be fake, as well as the fact that the case file that supposedly reveals Alex as a snitch is dated for a time when he was in Europe touring with Doyle. So that couldn't have happened. Alex is also a very well known supporter of black rights, trans rights and other movements... and in the almost twenty years I've been following Cancerslug, I've never once heard him use racist language. Dude is vile as fuck, but he's genuinely a better human being than most in the scene.

Some good news... Cancerslug's new album, the Courtesy Flush, hit last Saturday and it's great. It's timely and heavy, and features some of the slickest riffs Alex has ever recorded. Lyrically, it's catchy too, but that's never something I'm not already expecting from Cancerslug.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2020 at 05:20, DFF said:

In case anyone missed it, Michale Graves has revealed himself to be a Proud Boy. He's appropriately being shunned/having gigs cancelled on the back of it.  

Not really surprising really.  Jerry Only is a born again Christian and thus most likely has equally terrible political views

• 3 weeks later...

So I heard this group a month back or so and have been listen to them a lot. Really fucking cool, a pretty straight forward blend of garage/snotty punk type stuff. Came to find out a friend of mine saw them in the last year or two opening for King Gizzard, lucky bastard. Yeah, very cool though. 

15 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

So I heard this group a month back or so and have been listen to them a lot. Really fucking cool, a pretty straight forward blend of garage/snotty punk type stuff. Came to find out a friend of mine saw them in the last year or two opening for King Gizzard, lucky bastard. Yeah, very cool though. 

They're really fun. Saw them last year. If you're into it and have the opportunity go check them out. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rich said:

I do! they are lovely lads as well.

It is hilarious because I have seen their shows advertised CONSTANTLY here in Ottawa, but I never checked them out. I actually chalked them up to some industrial band. But holy shit they are good. I would have went to their local shows had I known. I actually bought some of their merch to support them during COVID-19. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

It is hilarious because I have seen their shows advertised CONSTANTLY here in Ottawa, but I never checked them out. I actually chalked them up to some industrial band. But holy shit they are good. I would have went to their local shows had I known. I actually bought some of their merch to support them during COVID-19. 

Did you get the sweatpants?

https://nocapshows.com/artist?name=bad-religion

Bad Religion recorded a 4 day concert, where they played songs from every decade they've been around for their 40th anniversary.

You can buy all 4 "concerts" for $40, or each decade (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s) for $15 each

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, here is the 1980's portion of Bad Religions "Decades"....uhh...concert? series

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ahbjl6a40l9471/Live From the Roxy! — [Decades] 1980s.mp4?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvain Sylvain of the New York Dolls passed away, aged 69.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/entertainment/sylvain-sylvain-death-scli-intl/index.html

Cancer sucks. Passed away Wednesday night and it was announced on Facebook last night.