Sell your favourite "cult" TV show to everyone in one post in this thread

I did a quick bit of Farscape research to find out her character name. Chiana is hot :wub:

Ahhh Chiana.

Chiana_Farscape2.jpg

All the females had something going for them which was pleasing. Zhaan was played by Virginia Hey started out as a fashion model.

virginia2b.jpg

Jool was Tammy MacIntosh...

dyn008_original_300_386_pjpeg_3647_eb6fc7266de5d98d206fc82414d92d36.jpg

...and then you've got Raelee Hill who played Sikozu.

l34d7b2760000_1_30392.jpg

200px-15StoreysHighS1%2B2DVD.jpg

15 Storeys High is a weird, wonderful British sitcom from the early noughties, branded by The Times as "the best comedy on television." The concept is simple. It's a bit like Friends, in the respect that it's set in a flat. However, in all other ways, it isn't anything like Friends. Sean Lock plays Vince, a misanthropic swimming pool instructor who lives in a grimy flat in a grimy tower block in London. His flatmate is the chirpy, naive, slightly stupid Errol. We follow their antics across two six episode series'.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. It's unrelentingly gloomy, and the pace is slowed down to a crawl by several hit and miss vignettes that offer glimpses into the lives of other inhabitants of the tower block. However, when the show is focused on the lives of Errol and in particular Vince, it's strangely brilliant and utterly unique. Highlights from Series One alone include Errol's job at the Fish-Market, Vince drinking too much of an Eastern European energy drink and becoming convinced that there's a horse in an adjacent flat, the world's slowest foot chase between a one-legged Vince and a working class woman with a sofa, and Vince's feuds with the paranoid boyfriend of a model he's teaching to swim, an incredibly persistent Evangelical Christian, and a group of boys from the swimming baths. You might notice I'm mentioning Vince quite a lot, and there's a good reason for that; without meaning to slight the often funny Errol, Vince is one of the best characters in a sitcom I can think of, and Sean Lock plays him to absolute perfection.

If you're looking for something quirky, weird, dark, miserable, memorable, unique and, above all, often side-splittingly funny, you could do much worse than give 15 Storeys High a whirl.

• Like 1

Also i'll put Peep Show out there too, as no one outside the UK has probably watched it.

Wrong. Three out of the four people living in my house (including myself) have all independently watched Peep Show. Now, the two other guys are technically British citizens, but have lived here their whole life. So, nah, other people like it too.

Pfft, she's no Rachel Riley

article-0-068B3A98000005DC-703_468x458.jpg

Also, how did I never notice Australia has a version of Countdown with the most literal gameshow name ever...

soap.jpg

Soap - ABC - 1977-1981

SOAP is the story of two families - The Tate's and The Campbell's. Jessica Tate and Mary Campbell are sisters and the show is basically the story of the two families as a parody on Soap Operas. The show is a comedy that takes different aspects of Soap Operas - Murder, Adultery, Organized Crime, Cults, etc. and puts an outrageous spin and goes way too far with some of it.

The cast is fantastic as it includes: Billy Crystal, Katherine Helmond (Mona on Who's The Boss), Richard Mulligan (Empty Nest), Robert Guillaume, Ted Wass (Blossom's dad) - just to name a few.

The characters that the cast plays are just brilliant. Crystal plays a gay man, Helmond plays the dim-witted Jessica, Mulligan is the wacky Burt, Guillaume is the wisecracking butler, and Wass is 'Tough Guy' early on but later becomes just as wacky as Burt. Other characters are Chuck and Bob - Chuck being Burt's son from a previous marriage and Bob as his dummy as Chuck is a ventriloquist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHFiqqGC5U&feature=related

Garth Merenghi's Darkplace. Possibly some of the best stuff I have watched on TV.

It's a comedy, starring Richard Ayoade and Nick Berry of IT Crowd fame, which lampoons the early 80's low-budget sci-fi/horror programmes that used to be about. The production standards are purposefully shit, but it adds to the brilliance in my view.

It's on 4OD and YouTube, but I'm not sure if it's Brits only. If anything, just watch this bit.

• Like 1