2012 MLB Thread

Now well the Nationals do what they keep saying and shut Strasburg down after 160 innings? If their still in first out competing for first in August I can't see them following through with that

No chance it happens. Selig wouldn't award a perfect game that everybody in the world know happened with Armando Galarraga. He's not going to change a hit into an error. Feels like the baseball gods are evening out the Beltran call from Johan's no-no.

This is different. This isnt an umpires call, its just a scoring issue. It could change. Unlikely, but it could.

There were a lot of good to great pitching efforts tonight. But yeah, RA Dickey is a beast this year, He could win 25 this year. And Matt Cain is always a top pitcher, Licecum used to be the top pitcher on the Giants. But not anymore. I do believe he has caught whatever Barry Zito has had since joining them.

Dickey kinda reminds me of Ubaldo Jimenez a couple years ago when he had an incredible first half, but then completely bombed the second half. Surely Dickey will regress to his averages sooner than later, right?

Also, what are the chances we see two pitchers that have thrown a perfect games and/or no hitter this year square off in the All Star Game?

It's a possibility, obviously Humber won't be getting an AS nod but Santana, Cain, and Weaver all could be All-Stars.

Also, I think the Ubaldo comparison is spot on for Dickey this year. At some point averages will catch up, he has a good defense playing behind him which helps but an incredible two and a half months does not mean elite pitcher. If New York winds up falling out of the race they would be wise to shop him to a team as dumb as Cleveland was last year.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/29590/vlad-guerrero-a-legend-in-winter

Interesting article about Vlad Guerrero. Where do you guys stand on him as a Hall-of-Famer?

I'd vote him in. For a few years he was one of the five most fun, compelling and feared hitters in the majors. If he does go in I think it should be as an Expo as well.

So we could wind up with a Perfecto and a no-no on the same day depending on MLB's ruling. But anyway, Cain was masterful tonight. There's perfect games and then there's those perfect games a cut above, Cain's fits in that category.

Even with the perfecto I would put Cain behind Bumgarner

I am a bit of a sucker for young studs. We got Wood and Prior and I was just sure the Cubbies would land at least two rings. We all know how that turned out :(

Giants already have one, if they can build a young offense around Cain and Bumgarner (Lincecum's gone whether he returns to form or not) they could pick up another one or two. They'll certainly wind up with more than the current incarnation of the Dodgers.

Am I missing something with Austin Jackson? He was dropped in our league and no one tried to pick him up. He seems awesome. Did I make a mistake?

If I didn't already have a.) an unproven commodity in Viciedo and b.) a glut in the outfield, I would've given it a try. Alas, as someone who can't manage to check on this thing on a daily basis, this is how the things go.

:wub: Dickey

I bet you do. :P

• Like 1