2012 MLB Thread

I doubt he jinxed it. People were tweeting about the no hitter since the 4th inning.

People tweeted about it from the 4th inning onward.

No hitter thru 5

No hitter thru 6

No hitter thru 7

No hitter thru 8

sahyder posts about it ONCE

hit in the 9th.

He cost Verlander the no-no. End of story.

I doubt he jinxed it. People were tweeting about the no hitter since the 4th inning.

People tweeted about it from the 4th inning onward.

No hitter thru 5

No hitter thru 6

No hitter thru 7

No hitter thru 8

sahyder posts about it ONCE

hit in the 9th.

He cost Verlander the no-no. End of story.

Strong argument. You convinced me.

Thanks sahyder!

So you want him to jinx another potential Nomo no-no

So, should sahyder be forced to change his name to Yoko No-No?

Yes, he should...right after he takes over Hickey's fucking fantasy team and stops letting people rack up 12-0 crushings.

If sahyder doesn't want to bother with it for whatever reason, I'll gladly step in as a Commish. Even if I'm not on EWB, I check this many times daily, so it'd be no issue for me to keep tabs on things.

Plus, I'm 11th/12th, so it's not like I am a threat to anyone <_<

In regards to Hickey's team, we're only a third of the way through, but anybody who takes over that team is highly unlikely to overcome that deficit. So if someone like Maxx wanted to take over, hell, why not?

If you wait until he's in a massive hole, no one is going to want to take the team. That means 12-0 is going to keep happening. Is everyone going to play his team the same number of times this season? If they aren't then it makes more sense to hand off his team now, rather than wreck your playoff standings later.

This is the worst run league I've been in awhile anyway, so fuck it.

Anybody who is a good fantasy player want to put their name in the hat for a long-term, dedicated keeper league? We can work on getting this organized next year if we find enough players, keep in mind you won't be bulding a team for the one season you'll be building with young prospects for the 2015, 2016 seasons and such. I'm starting work on organizing this now and we'll start play next season. Baseball is a sport that perfectly suits itself for keeper leagues, and I'm in one now and it's easily the most fun I've had in a fantasy league. It doesn't have to be an official EWB league, so if you play with some very dedicated and skilled players in other leagues they are more than invited. The more teams the merrier, it'll be roto scoring so there are no worries as to finding an even number of squads.

PM me if you're interested and I'll look at your fantasy history to see if you actually stay active.

• Like 1

I'd be interested but I'm curious what's so horrible with this league?

Scoring is a little flawed, one player can get you too many points in too many categories as opposed to it being evenly dispersed enough where following the waiver wire, call-ups, and closer carousel is much less in depth and purposeful. It's like basketball without a foul line. The way matches are scored is good conceptually, but again because of the categories being utilized its a lot easier to coast and win because of good luck with drafting. Baseball is the only fantasy sport that really benefits from roto scoring since it let's you draft a team and try to excel in contact hitting and bullpen work and have it pay off at season's end. In this kind of h2h you can hit a 3 day slump or closer has no save opportunities for the week and lose 4 points in the standings. Not to mention the disaster with Hickey, if we give his team to someone that's a potential 24 point swing for a team that hasn't played hin. Instead of going 50-50 you suddenly wind up 38-62 while an opponent who already played him, instead of potentially being 52-48 wins up 64-36. That's a monumental difference in the standings.

Not to mention the horrendous draft.

But anyway, the door is open for anyone here who wants in a long-term keeper league with roto scoring. If we find enough I'd love to make this work.

It won't necessarily be next year's official EWB league. I'm just trying to find good players either to be expansion teams in the league I'm currently in (that would only be if we find 2 or 3) or start our own long-term EWB league. Most of us are adults so it's a good time to judge whether we can/want to do the same fantasy league for years and years.