2012 MLB Thread

Josh Hamilton hit four 2-run home runs tonight against the Orioles.

Call me when he's Matt Kemp :D

You do realize he's now leading Kemp in most stat categories besides walks, right? Add to that an ALCS MVP and an AL MVP and it sounds like Kemp is the one who needs to catch up. Of course, Kemp is already locked in to an MVP this season.

They're the best offensive players in their respective league, let's leave it at that and hope they meet in a World Series.

I don't know, I think a lot more teams have a shot at Hamilton than we think. He's too injury-prone to command $20 million a year like he wants. The guy is gifted with a great glove, but in the interest of prolonging his career I'd keep him in the AL to move him over to DH at least half the games of the year. Hamilton negotiations will be very interesting, GMs are waking up to the fact the steroid era is over and realizing 32 or 33 is the new 37 or 38.

Except for the fact that Albert Pujols (32 going on 40) just got a ten year contract for like $240M, Prince Fielder just got seven and $214M (a chubby DH at the end of the deal) and Jayson Werth (an average power hitter) got a rediculous contract and is just as injury prone as Hamilton. Someone will step up with a HUGE deal for Hamilton, and why wouldn't it be the Dodgers, with new owners looking to make a splash in their first offseason?

True, but you have to consider Hamilton's history. He may not be willing to go somewhere with extreme amounts of temptation like LA or New York offer.