2012 MLB Thread

so Phillies lost 9-5 tonight. The starting pitcher, Kyle Kendrick, gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. This is why me and my friends have started to refer to ANY game he's pitched in and lost as "Phillies got Kendrick'd"

so Phillies lost 9-5 tonight. The starting pitcher, Kyle Kendrick, gave up 7 runs in 3 innings. This is why me and my friends have started to refer to ANY game he's pitched in and lost as "Phillies got Kendrick'd"

I was once lost, but then, I was found...

• Like 2

Dodgers are going to win the West, and Kemp is going to be MVP. LA might even make it out of the NL at this rate.

Matt Kemp is a beast. Although that was a bone head double play in last nights game against the Braves.

The team I'm most impressed with though has to be the Washington Nationals. I think they finally have the right manager and a great rotation, one of the best bullpens in the league and some good young ballplayers.

Edited by Don Ready Slacker

Mike Mussina got booed in Baltimore after he jumped to the Yankees after the same scenario. Orioles low-balled him shortly after a season where they had a massive fire sale and the Yankees gave him more money and a chance to pitch in the World Series right away.

A lot of fans look at a free agent signing elsewhere as always being an act of treachery. It's stupid, since these fans would almost always take the highest-paying available job in whatever their trade is, but it's how it is in sports.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda will undergo surgery on Tuesday to repair a labrum tear in his right shoulder and is lost for the season.

The surgery is an arthroscopic procedure and will be performed at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan by New York Mets team physician Dr. David Altchek at the request of Pineda and his agent, Fern Cuza.

According to Yankees team doctor Chris Ahmad, who will assist in the surgery, the recovery for such an injury is 12 months from the date of the surgery barring any setbacks in rehab, meaning Pineda will not be available until May 2013 at the earliest.

Gaaaaaaaaaay.

Meanwhile Montero's going to be one of the best offensive weapons of his generation.

Also, Blue Jays fans. Something's bothering me. Why does Kyle Drabek wear number 4? That isn't a number you usually see pitchers wear and I wanted to know if there was a special reason for it.

Finally. Here's a great story about Jeremy Guthrie, who by all accounts is one of the nicest guys in the game, and a recently recovered cancer patient playing catch. http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7849214/rockies-pitcher-twitter-friendship