2012 MLB Thread

I think Bryce Harper will have a career trajectory that sees him put up obscene numbers for 5-6 years but hit a rough decline phase around his early 30s. He's a guy who relies as much on his contact ability as his bat speed and, well, look at A-Rod's power lately and Pujols' slow decline over the past 3 seasons.

It'll be fun watching him every night thanks to the luxury of having 2 teams (O's and Nats) on TV here.

But I think the Pujols contract officially doesn't become an albatross for another 2 or 3 years. He'll still put up middle-of-the-lineup numbers until 2014 probably. They won't be where they were but compared to most guys he'll be in the mix. That decline is going to be rough though.

Orioles really need to get their crippling 2-20 stretch out of the way before I start to get delusions of grandeur. Hopefully the Yanks can sweep us again to put me back in reality.

I was at this Frank Robinson statue unveiling yesterday and it was real cool, who's who of O's legends, Joe Torre, and this fella named Henry Aaron were all there. I happened to be standing right next to the gate they all exited from. Literally was 3 feet from the home run king, Frank Robinson, Torre, Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, Earl Weaver, and BBQ master Boog Powell. One of the best times of my life, and there's 5 more this season!

Small sample sizes are fun. In his first month away from the Angels, Jeff Mathis posted an OPS more than twice as high as Albert Pujols in his first month with them.

Yeah, I don't know why they wouldn't use Robertson, he's been lights out. I figure he's already knocked Joba out of the running for being Rivera's replacement when he retires, a strong showing this season should lock that down. Hate the Yankees, but it'd suck to see Mo go out this way.