2012 NCAA College Football Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I don't ever want there to be more than four teams. The excitement of upsets stems from it usually means the end of a team's championship hopes. I hate the idea of two or three or four loss teams getting a shot at the crystal.

That said I think this is the perfect post season scenario for top level college football.

It makes a huge difference in that teams # 3 and # 4 at least get a shot. Needing to win two games to win the trophy also eliminates some of the fluky results caused by a 5 or 6 week layoff between the Conference Championship and National Title games. Now if we end up with 3 SEC teams one year, I reserve the right to lose it.

The core problem as I saw highlighted this year is that selection to the dance is up to a questionable process open to interprative influence. See: The story relating to Alabama allegedly massively downvoting Okie State leading up to the final relevant BCS poll.

Nothing i've seen suggests that the process leading to playoff selection has changed. Just because the process is now open to four teams instead of two, that doesn't make the initial process fair or transparent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

557883.jpg

This is Kristen Saban...daughter of 'Bama head coach Nick Saban. She's cute..blonde..and oh yes...completely FUCKING INSANE. Some highlights..

31. Kristen immediately used both of her hands and shoved Sarah into the corner of Courtney's open door, slamming Sarah's head.

32. Sarah defended herself by pushing Kristen into the opposite wall, saying "Don't touch me."

32. Kristen proceeded to punch Sarah Grimes multiple times in her head and nose, and to pull Sarah's hair, even though Kristen knew that Sarah had really bad migraines from a prior head injury from an automobile accident.

33. By this time Meghan, who was outside in the parking lot, heard the yelling and ran upstairs.

34. Sarah screamed "I'm calling the cops!"

35. Kristen's grip on Sarah's hair prevented Sarah from getting away and they moved down the hall toward the kitchen as Sarah tried to get away.

36. After multiple blows to Sarah's face, Hannah intervened and tried to pull Kristen away but was unable to do so due to Kristen's grip of Sarah's hair and Kristen refused to stop hitting Sarah.

37. The screaming woke up Beth Terry, who immediately jumped in to help pull Kristen off from behind (Beth's shirt was ripped and stained with Sarah's blood).

38. It took both Beth Terry and Hannah Muncher to pull Kristen off of Sarah.

39. Once Kristen stopped hitting Sarah, Sarah saw a large amount on blood on the wood floor.

40. Sarah looked down and noticed a great amount of blood was running down her chest and into her bra.

41. Sarah felt her nose and realized that the blood was coming from it.