Diablo III

Ruki

People waited to buy hard copies? I bought this direct from Blizzard as soon as I could!

(and because it will likely be cheaper at 80 bucks, then buying a hard copy in Australia, which will likely retail at 100).

Yah you can buy it digitally and using the launcher you can also download the game client. From there you can install it at around something like 8am PST (I could be wrong going off memory) on the 14th so it is ready to go by midnight. You can't play till the 15th but if you want you can take care of all the installation beforehand.

You can actually already download the game client if you did not preorder it. Somewere on the blizzard forums there are links to all the many clients (a ton for pc and mac each, different languages). Since blizzard uses peer 2 peer technology they don´t loose much bandwith.

You can download about 8 gigs right now i think. Will be able to install the download on monday (the installation also comes with a patch that is several gigs aswell, no idea if the boxed copy needs this) so all you need to do when you get your box is enter your key and go of to play.

What's the best place to buy this online with download? I might be able to get it but I don't really want to have to order a physical copy and wait for that to arrive.

Amazon may be doing a special, but Blizzard's store may be the easiest place to grab it.

Also, mildly bummed that the special "fatality" scenes some creatures/bosses had were removed. If I gotta croak, I'd want it to at least be awesome :shifty:

What's the best place to buy this online with download? I might be able to get it but I don't really want to have to order a physical copy and wait for that to arrive.

Amazon may be doing a special, but Blizzard's store may be the easiest place to grab it.

Also, mildly bummed that the special "fatality" scenes some creatures/bosses had were removed. If I gotta croak, I'd want it to at least be awesome :shifty:

Hate to double post too but where are you basing that second statement off of? I literally just watched a video of a boss picking up a character and biting him in half.

Hate to double post too but where are you basing that second statement off of? I literally just watched a video of a boss picking up a character and biting him in half.

Indeed, you're referring to the Siegebreaker biting off the Barbarian's head and spitting him out like a raw steak. There was another one of the Siegebreaker charring the Witch Doctor to a crisp. Alas, they won't be in the initial release. Hopefully they'll pop back up in the expansion(s).

My copy didn't come today. No playing tonight for me. :(

To be fair, it won't unlock until 12.01a PST, which would be 8.01a for you guys. So if they deliver it early tomorrow, you'll likely be able to avoid the early rush of people logging on. Think of it as an opportunity to see if anything goes catastrophically bad.

As for me, I'll be slashing demons from Tuesday at 7.15p until I pass out Thursday morning. Even the wife's leaving with some friends to a karaoke show, leaving me all to my evil-thwarting lonesome. Glorious.

I'm not entirely sure what the story is over here, I've seen some people say 11pm tonight for the Euro servers going up.

And i'm also not sure how it's being delivered. They seem to have started to use their express delivery system for all pre-orders and mine was sent on Friday but I guess maybe the weekend messed things up and it only started it's journey today or whatever. No tracking numbers or anything. If it's through the normal mail, it wont be till midday. If it's through some courier, it could be anytime during the day. >_<