General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

This weeks NC has a scene with a somewhat disturbing amount of shots of Doug Walker's crotch.

I know you don't watch NC anymore, Hbob, but I thought I'd give you fair warning of what will no doubt be an avalanche of TGWTG Secrets submissions based on this.

Ellis was right!

tumblr_mr80t1MXYI1ql1l25o1_500.png

tumblr_mr736xk6bH1ql1l25o1_500.png

• 2 weeks later...

Last night there was a TGWTG Charity stream where they raised money for a summer camp for children with cancer. They raised somewhere around $20,000.

I was going to try and get on one of the live calls they were doing because teh smarty was there, and he's on Nerd Vice too and I wanted to ask him a question because nobody was asking him questions cause they didn't know who he was. :( But I got in just as they were going through a list that had been backlogged for 2 hours, and then they weren't doing any more calls for a few more hours.

The greatest moment I saw was someone calling in to ask Lindsay Ellis about The Little Mermaid and saying "what do you have to say for yourself!?" at the end of a long rant. It was like watching TGWTG producers react in real time to TGWTG Secrets. It was hilarious. Doug had the greatest reaction, he just kinda curled up in a ball on the couch.

Lindsay's answer was a brilliant: 'You guys have to stop attaching your ego to films, I don't really give a shit about the Little Mermaid it was just a point-counter point play...'.

Also her response to guy who was having trouble finishing his first script for a review series: 'Just finish it.. Make sure to have good lighting and a good camera. YouTube is right there.'

Also, Todd in the Shadows wasn't wearing socks and it was terribly distracting.

I don't mind him for the most part, though it was funny seeing him go on a rant when reviewing Ducktales, saying how sickening it was to see people reviewing games on the day or even before they come out.

He slowly transitioned from helping out behind the scenes, to playing parts in videos, to doing his own reviews and stuff.

This causes plenty of annoyance amongst the YouTube audience, with the average comment being "Not this Mike fucker again. This is not AVGN, I didn't subscribe for this. Unsubbed."

Yeah - he did all the title card art and then when the AVGN was doing the whole movie business, he started to do some solo video reviews to get some content out there and it's like.. Irate Gamer levels of bad. You can pretty much do an impression of either one of them and get the idea of the other. He's not funny, his sense of humor is terrible and when he nitpicks to try and make something funny.. he can't do it like James can and MAKE it funny so it just comes off as terribly stupid. The videos that the two of them do together where they're basically just playing a game on the couch together and talking about it - that's pretty good though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

News broke in the last hour that Justin "Jew Wario" Charmical has died. According to his wife on Facebook Jew Wario shot himself on the 23 January.

It is with a very sad heart that I must confirm my husband, Justin Carmical, sometimes known as the Jew Wario died on Thursday, January 23rd.

I also have to confirm he shot himself, but he was not alone, he locked himself in the bathroom and I was on the other side of the door talking with him. He knew I loved him, HE KNEW ALL OF YOU LOVED HIM. You all made him so happy, every time he was recognized from his videos, it made him giddy with joy.

His last recording was a song with Johnathan Mann, I don't know if Johnathan knows. He recorded it the night before.

I am surrounded by family and friends, and am taking this one moment at a time, remembering to breathe. I want to share with you what the Chaplain said to me, it was a momentary mistake, hold on to the good memories. I will post an update once a decision has been made about funeral arrangements.

If I need anything I will let you know, just hold on to each other and love each other, and thank you all so much for loving him so much.

His wife posted this on Facebook announcing his death.