General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

She's also a contributor at Nerd Vice she is. (No idea what she does though, not seen any of her videos yet).

When did Spoony start posting on Youtube?

Also Jew Wario has left TGWTG.

A few weeks ago. Started with the Counter Monkey stuff which is pretty much entirely his own content so no running afoul of YouTube's copywright police which seems to be his big problem with it.

Otherwise he uploaded all the Ultima stuff to his main channel, might have uploaded a few other older things and uploaded his new Rebuary video at the same time as his site. I guess time will tell if he does that for all future stuff.

And between his OMG HAIRCUT! and new GF, I wish I could still see SA's version of this thread. The comments section of these videos are a poor substitute.

I think they're pretty much over him now he's not threatening to rape women in dungeons.

I meant to come in here earlier and recommend some folk on NV namely The Obscure and Leon Thomas' Renegade Cut (which is also on TGWTG).

The Obscure sounds kinda like The Spirit of Jazz from The Mighty Boosh, has gotten several genuine laughs out of me.

Renegade Cut is just really interesting. It's probably one of the better things on TGWTG, it's not comedic though more like SF Debris but with generally shorter episodes.

So Lupa is stil getting harassed by Spoony fans:

Life Goes On

For those of you that follow me, you mightve noticed I disappeared from the internet for about a week or so. And if you follow me on twitter, you mightve noticed my last tweet went like this:

Every day with this. Get a life and learn the facts, Im sick of this shit. Done.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I didnt really intend that as a dramatic exit or to take the break like I did. I can assure you that I havent quit the videos and Im not suicidal.

Ill explain the tweet though. Ive been in an emotional funk lately and its hard to shake. Events from the past year have left a lasting mark on me and its something thats likely to follow me for a long time. Its easy to say Im being over-dramatic, to just let it slide, but it wears on you, to hear what an awful person you are for a year, to have people follow you wherever youve touched, to try and get that last dig in. Its hard to have so called vigilantes follow you around to dole out justice for a situation they know none of the facts on, for something you didnt do.

Around the time all of this was going on, I received six letters threatening to find me, rape me, or kill me. This was coupled with pictures of people being murdered and stamps that said justice. Like big damn heroes.

I had to go to the police, my family installed security doors, and I slept with the lights on. You see it doesnt just affect me. But Im not sure if Ill ever escape internet villainy now that rumors have become fact. People believe and hear what they want to believe because it makes things easier on them. And someone has to get the blame.

So its been wearing on me lately, and thats what led to that. But I never intended it as a big dramatic exit, it was only meant to let off steam. Shortly after I said that I was going on a trip out of town, which meant less time on the internet anyway. Combined with a lot of personal feelings Ive had concerning my work lately I didnt feel like messaging much anyway.

While I was on this trip, I got some news about a family emergency. I wont go into details about it, Ill only say that it was a life or death situation, and one thats currently still up in the air.

I had to step back for a bit. I didnt disappear and I didnt mean to leave people hanging. I can assure you that the kind words people have sent my way, without knowing the situation, have been appreciated. It means a lot to have people care that much. Thank you.

So what does this mean for the videos? Well, not much right now. I plan to have a video shot and edited before Sunday and try to get back on schedule then. Barring life stuff I should be able to put things out regularly again. Life, as always, will go on.

So to end things on a lighter (or possibly more terrifying) note, heres a crying Pomeranian:

I'm wondering if the whole Spoony thing is why there haven't been many videos from either Phelous or Lupa for a while. Nothing to do with Spoony himself more to do with his weird fans, he himself has had to call the police on cosplaying fans who just turned up at his house.

Even on a recent video MarzGurl posted from a Con panel featuring Lupa there were comments saying:

Oh nice, Linkara and Marzgurl doing a panel..oh....ah....and Alison. Damn. Well, skip this one.

To which Lupa responded

That's a shame. You missed out on some good advice and stories from Lewis and Kaylyn.

This may or may not be true. However I do have my tastes and interests and

unfortunately Alison, you are not one of them. Thus I make my vote by
not subscribing to, clicking on videos of or going to panels involving
those I have no desire to support.

It is a bit sad as I do like Luis, and Kaylyn is adorable (despite her
continued support of a game franchise that died about a decade ago).
Seriously, I'd love to see her and Nella together someday.

This is not meant as a trolling statement, but a comment based on
personal reasons. I am not a fan of your reviews, style or how you
portray your 'Obscurus Lupa' character. I also do not like other
reviewers here (Lindsey and Matthew to name two) and will not support
them either. Am I judging? Well...yes...and I have the right to do so. I
could go all LordKat but that would not be fair nor right...so I do it
this way.

Then another:

I would have loved to watch this because... well Marzgurl and Linkara
ftw... but Pregler's presence makes this unwatchable, I wish they had
taken someone else with them.

gg.

There is, for some reason, a real vitriol against Lupa. It probably all harps back to "SHE GOTZ TEH SPOONY FIRED"!

Minor YouTube celebrity and internet cunt Dr Ashens is crowd funding a movie like and you can throw some of your dosh at him in order to help make it. It even has real people in it like Kryten out of Red Dwarf who I wont embarrass myself by trying to spell his real name.

http://movie.ashens.com

Almost on $15,000 of $50,000 already. Go donate now. Chef Excellence demands it.

93433256.png

Diamanda Hagan's Island of Dr. Moreau review with Jew Wario, Rap Critic, Kyle Kallgren and special guest appearances by Appollo Z Hack, Cin Wicked and The Sci-Fi Guy.

It's brilliant.

Context: Hagan did this thing where her character possessed a bunch of other reviewers and they did a big group one with her. Logically it makes no sense but it's hilarious. Jew Wario is fantastic.

I'm doing a test render of the new episode of The Unemployed Historian as I finally have enough clips to do that.

Nash from TGWTG has seemingly had a pretty shit few days:

He and JesuOtaku broke up not long after moving in with each other, and then the Hospital where he had just started a new job fired him because in his words:

Turns out I was just a patch job so they could fire someone and bring in someone else without being too down on personnel.

April March is the cruelest month for the Unemployed Historian as we look at Willem Defoe as TS Eliot in Tom & Viv!

Lupa's new Witchcraft V episode is really quite enjoyable. With Mike J on it, it's a fun time, plus Lupa seems to have wanted to make herself happier with some minor hair and aesthetic changes, perhaps. It's nice regardless of these things, though.

I love that Mike J got a cross-over with someone. He's been on TGWTG for years and been consistently one of their best producers but nobody really takes much notice of him.

Also The Obscure. I mention him again because he's awesome. If you watched my Tom & Viv episode, he was the guy in the white wig and glasses with the really raspy voice. He's a genius.

I mentioned it in the Ebert thread but The Cinema Snob's review of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is Brad Jones' Ebert tribute episode.

It is excellent.