General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

No, that was his wife. They split up.

From what I gather Screaming Mantis and Snob also recently split around the same time Snob said he wasn't going to MAGfest.

I'm gonna guess that these are connected. :shifty;

If Something Awful was letting me lurk I'm sure I'd know more. I'm unable to sleep and so I've been looking up stuff since I saw Hagan tweet.

From what I read: Mantis was drunk, LordKat helped her take her top off and made out with her.

Drama!

It's all seems to boil down to LordKat somehow being a bigger twat on twitter than usual, which I didn't think was possible.

He's essentially going "she was totally gonna flash anyway, I was just helping! Plus I made out with very drunk woman, therefore I rule! Didn't take advantage of her in any way, shape or form, she'll be totally fine with me for having her flash her tits live on camera which obviously won't disadvantage her chances of being a respected internet reviewer and won't lead to her getting requests to flash at ever fucking convention she ever goes in future"

Fair play to Hagan for quitting

Yeah, I read his twitter feed and he came off horribly. "I MADE OUT WITH A DRUNK CHICK" was combined with "Let's help her". This was the guy who got pissed that Spooney's betrayal schtick prevented him from getting taken seriously by people in the games industry.

Not that Screaming Mantis really does anything except be in a couple of Snob's videos, a couple of Benzaie videos and have like three of her own. But this won't be any good.

Wait, what? Brad Jones split up with Jillian?

I've not really spoken to him, or even followed his site, in months, aside from watching one or two videos around Christmas, but I'm surprised I missed that.

That makes me sad :(

Yeah, sometime mid last year they separated. She still appears on the site regularly though.

Over Christmas they did some vlogs from her house.

Well two of his friends were married (Brian and Sarah who are married on 80s Dan), but have separated and Sarah now dates his friend Jake (who voices the robot on 80s Dan who a crush on Sarah's character). Life imitated art!

But what I came here to do, as I am working on SEASON TWO of The Unemployed Historian (coming soon to an internets near you when I get a new less falling apart laptop this weekend and complete at least two if not three scripts and start filming again).

I have to ask: Anyone want to offer me some thoughts on series one? Anything you'd like to see covered in the future?

I've already got some tweaks I want to make myself.

Yeah, I read his twitter feed and he came off horribly. "I MADE OUT WITH A DRUNK CHICK" was combined with "Let's help her". This was the guy who got pissed that Spooney's betrayal schtick prevented him from getting taken seriously by people in the games industry.

Not that Screaming Mantis really does anything except be in a couple of Snob's videos, a couple of Benzaie videos and have like three of her own. But this won't be any good.

The same schtick that was the entire basis of Spoony's interview with the X-COM guys

• 2 weeks later...

Brad Jones' DVDR-Hell: 'The Deception of a Generation'

One of Jones' non-Snob shows, in this one he talks about a 1980s anti-cartoon video made by Christian fundamentalists. It's probably the most bitingly snarky I've ever seen him as he undercuts everything mentioned in the video.

So, the Nostalgia Critic is coming back.

It's hard to comment I suppose without knowing the ins and outs of his business but I know I personally haven't watched any of his new stuff. I imagine a lot of his fans are the same because you have that crazy part that will shit on anything not NC.

Like I said about it at the time or about the Nerd, it's got to be hard to give up your cash cow.

He never said NC was going to go away forever, but as far as I know the site has taken a bit of a hit since he stopped doing it. Nobody is really saying what the numbers are like.

Demo Reel is a bit... Too long. I haven't seen any of the other stuff.

But if they did NC, like, once a month or something it might not be so taxing on them.

It was nice of him do this just as I finished filming the next Unemployed Historian!

Hold on to your hats EWB, we're going back in time to talk about:

The Birth of a Nation!

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/iIcOg43OHwA.html?p=1" width="540" height="420" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#iIcOg43OHwA" style="display:none"></embed>

EDIT: New EWB won't let me embed the video :(

Edited by Bela Hobosi

• 2 weeks later...