General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

To Boldy Flee Part 5

The worst part has been followed up by the best part. The Snob has his own subplot now, and it has led to a scene between him and Rob Walker where they talk about Manos and Uwe Boll while Walker's character is trying to lure Snob to the dark side or whatever. It's the best damn scene in the thing. There is no way they can do a better scene. It's a nice quiet moment, it works to build the threat that Turl and Zod dicking about in Part 4 can't be anymore, or that they ruined in early parts by sticking in jokes. It's placed nicely between comedy bits like Todd as Robocop and JO being insane. Former meh, latter great. Also Phelous died again. Which I still like.

It picked up again. I want to see more Snob subplot

I haven't even watched all of this and don't know who this guy is outside of being part of JonTron and BelatedMedias circle of friends, but holy shit the opening Lord of the Rings homage bit is great.

EDIT: Okay, finished watching it. Maybe it's just my love of Lord of the Rings, but holy shit this was great. The rant the guy has midway through isn't so funny, but the rest of it is great.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/36480-to-boldly-flee-part-7

To Boldly Flee part 7.

Yay! Oancitizen! I proper laughed a few times in this. Doug did his best acting and comedy of the film.

To Boldly Flee, Part 8 - Final Part

I thought the ending was much better than the cop out ending of Suburban Knights (oh, the anti tech guy has a mobile phone!). This looks like it wrapped up the Nostalgia Critic character it seems for good too. Which I kind of sensed coming, I think most people did.

Over all I'd say this was the best looking of the TGWTG films. It probably had the best performances too.

Spoilers that aren't actual spoilers but more speculation:

I didn't see this one yet as I'd prefer just watching them all in one go rather than wait for each bit to upload. That and the fact I didn't see the previous one yet. I assume there's no need to see them in order but still...

But, some initial reaction last night on the Twitters from the offical TGWTG account said something like they'd discuss the future soon. My immidiate reaction was 'lol, what if the Critic died or something? Heh, but I guess they just mean he's taking a break from videos for a few more weeks caus of all the editing and stuff.'

Now there's even more of that kind of stuff so now I'm wondering if I should just see it already or check spoilers...

Okay, Part 1 is 40 minutes and it's 8 parts long...they can't all be 40 minutes...right?!

Spoilers that aren't actual spoilers but more speculation:

I didn't see this one yet as I'd prefer just watching them all in one go rather than wait for each bit to upload. That and the fact I didn't see the previous one yet. I assume there's no need to see them in order but still...

But, some initial reaction last night on the Twitters from the offical TGWTG account said something like they'd discuss the future soon. My immidiate reaction was 'lol, what if the Critic died or something? Heh, but I guess they just mean he's taking a break from videos for a few more weeks caus of all the editing and stuff.'

Now there's even more of that kind of stuff so now I'm wondering if I should just see it already or check spoilers...

Okay, Part 1 is 40 minutes and it's 8 parts long...they can't all be 40 minutes...right?!

No they're not all that long. Just the first and last part are. The others are around 20-25 minutes

Nostalgia Critic update:

Doug Walker is retiring the character, more or less. He's not ruled out doing it once in a while but he's instead going to be focusing on a new show called Demo Reels, and other projects. Apparently they've bought a studio.

With the fact that Blip is partnering up with Walker for their new Blip studios project this doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised he himself has a studio now. It just shows how well they've managed to do off of all those ad revenues and shit. :shifty:

Nostalgia Critic update:

Doug Walker is retiring the character, more or less. He's not ruled out doing it once in a while but he's instead going to be focusing on a new show called Demo Reels, and other projects. Apparently they've bought a studio.

With the fact that Blip is partnering up with Walker for their new Blip studios project this doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised he himself has a studio now. It just shows how well they've managed to do off of all those ad revenues and shit. :shifty:

I watched the announcement video. Much respect to him for retiring a character he could technically mine for hundreds of episodes to come. I stopped watching the show a good couple of years ago because the videos became unjustifiably long and self-indulgent (which is the reason I stopped watching virtually every Internet critic), so I'll watch any new show he does in the hope it's as short and sharp as the earlier Critic videos.

I stopped watching the show a good couple of years ago because the videos became unjustifiably long and self-indulgent(which is the reason I stopped watching virtually every Internet critic)

This a million times over.

And it's a shame because when it's done well, it's often one of my favourite types of humour about some of my favourite subjects. I don't even really watch the new guys who are recommended to me as the cynic in me is waiting for it to drop off.