General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

To Boldy Flee Part 1

Okay, I've watched part 1 and, I liked it for the most part. A couple of things I don't like like the government agent guy's name is apparently Lame Dick, and a couple of other Walker brothers writing tropes like trying to push jokes in everywhere. I kinda felt like there were bits that didn't need dumb gags in them, because at certain points it was actually building a good mood. I can see people disliking the SOPA parody and probably some of the Spoony stuff (which might be why it was delayed so much).

It looks better than the previous two, it has a better explanation for how all the critics have gotten together. And it made me laugh a few times. I also like that it is a direct sequel to Suburban Knights, makes explicit references to running plots or arcs other reviewers and also The Cinema Snob's first line was a clearly ad-libbed "Hey sexy" because from his vlogs he says that kind of stuff to his friends all the time.

These things are never master pieces but I'm not one to get too up in arms over that.

Cinema Snob is always the best part of these things. He's an infinitely better actor than the rest of them, and the way he just dead-panned pretty much everything throughout Kickassia was the highlight of the whole thing for me, particularly him just leaving.

They've actually cast better in the last couple of years. Last year they had MarzGurl only speaking in Japanese, which made her sound more convincing to me. Plus, those who've appeared in all of them have gotten better.

Spoony is not a bad actor either, I suspect Oancitizen to be a decent actor too given his background. But The Snob is probably the best actor in the bunch. I've never watched any of his films, but I've heard good things I think. The Cinema Snob Movie looks good, Ninja The Mission Force is fun.

I always enjoy these things, though they don't tend to get great until the later parts. That was fun though, interesting to see Spoony after all that's happened. I was expecting him to end up being a villain or something to play on his firing, but I'm guessing all this was probably written and filmed long before that happened.

Yeah, it was filmed around March. They usually go up around June because I think that's the sites actual anniversary. But Doug Walker got married this year and they have a bunch of effects and things they had to do, causing a delay. I originally thought owing to the way he's portrayed in the first part anyway, Spoony's part might have actually forced them to push it back a bit. But I don't think so the more I think on it.

The Cinema Snob Movie full trailer went up too.

It'll be a shame if he's not in the future ones, he's always one of the highlights. He's just crazy enough to stand out and get a laugh or two, especially from his facial expressions, where as a lot of them start to really fall short when they're asked to be any more than background characters. I find the girls other than Nostalgia Chick tend to be more cringe worthy than a lot of the guys (though I think part of that is the material they're given), but some of the guys aren't much better.

I'm hoping Joe, Spoony, Snob and Critic end up being featured more heavily than the rest. I don't even really like most of Joe's videos (well, gaming ones, I don't watch anything else he does) but he's always good in these things and he was great on the TGS Podcast a few weeks ago.

The Nostalgia Chick reviews Charlie's Angels (2000)

In which Lindsay Ellis talks about feminism and directly responds to people who creep on her in the comments.

Yeah, that episode was really awesome and clearly the outfits on Eliza and Nella kind of fit as a comment on some feedback she got on "her boobs in To Boldly Flee." You can see about that all on the Twitters, though. And the episode itself was really quite funny.

I await the TGWTG secrets about how people hate Lindsay now.

That tumblr is the worst thing.

I will now mention someone I haven't before, SadPanda. He did an episode of his Forget About It series on TWGTG First Year Brawl. He's a different one to most.

Just recently caught the NC review of Baby Geniuses 2. Oh my God, that ending had me in tears.

I really should play catch-up on some of the old TGWTG people other than NG that I used to watch sometime. Hell, I still need to catch up on NG, I haven't watched much in a loooong time :P

To Boldy Flee:

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 4 is easily the weakest. The best bits are Phelous constantly dying (although his first is lingered on a bit too long) and JesuOtaku. Nods go to The Snob for making the best of what he's got, as ever and Sad Panda's joy that Phelous was dead. Also MarzGurl's acting range has increased she can now do yelling things AND talking in Japanese.

This one has had more Angry Joe than in any other part, Spoony's been at his weakest, but a lot of it seems very Doug Walker cartoony can't let there be a serious moment even though it would actually make the film better schtick. It's mostly Doug that drags Part 4 down by the pure fact of him being all over it doing his slapstick routines.

[bEWEBS]I also think you can see NChick's nipples through that costume and I hate that I noticed that.[/bEWEBS]