General Web Series Thread (YouTubers, LPs, Vloggers Etc)

Hobo

Watching Nostalgia Critics review of Total Recall, he's doing with some guy named "The Sci-Fi Guy" whose gimmick seems to be nitpicking Sci-Fi films.

Why the fuck would anyone watch that. Nitpicking is the fucking worst anyway, let alone in a genre that usually features impossible scenarios, ridiculous technology and even fictional races.

I really didn't like the remake of Total Recall. Not because it had impossible sci-fi scenarios but because it wasn't very good. :shifty:

Watching Nostalgia Critics review of Total Recall, he's doing with some guy named "The Sci-Fi Guy" whose gimmick seems to be nitpicking Sci-Fi films.

Why the fuck would anyone watch that. Nitpicking is the fucking worst anyway, let alone in a genre that usually features impossible scenarios, ridiculous technology and even fictional races.

I really didn't like the remake of Total Recall. Not because it had impossible sci-fi scenarios but because it wasn't very good. :shifty:

Oh no, they're reviewing the original.

what

You can't hate on the original. :/ How stupid.

Sci Fi Guy is on TGWTG too. Never watched his stuff tbh.

SF Debris does great stuff on sci fi. Not nit picky. Straight up analytical stuff. I've only seen a few of his episodes but I like. Though his delivery is a bit monotone... I am not sure if I am one to talk about poor delivery though :shifty:

I wish people would realise nitpicking and reviewing are two completely different things. There's no art to pointing out faults with the little things as it can be done to virtually everything in existence with very little basis.

Also, I keep meaning to check out Hobo's videos but I keep forgetting. I'm a naughty boy. :(

Horrible! And I even try not to nitpick... Unless it's for historical accuracy purposes! :P

I don't think I have much, except that one time in the Collins review where I openly acknowledged I was doing that. I also prefer to do essay style reviews so I don't overly spoil the whole film. The Patriot is a good example of this, I think, I don't even mention how it ends. I want people to know the history behind the basis for a film, maybe even, persuade them watch it if I gave it a good review or a bad one, or just make people think about a film differently. That's what I think these shows should be about and the best ones are.

So I hate going into it to openly poo-poo it as well.

what

You can't hate on the original. :/ How stupid.

Actually, Nostalgia Critic kind of liked the original, he pointed out some of its silliness, but not all his stuff is negative reviews

The Unemployed Historian gets featured on a new series designed to promote lesser known/unknown shows on Blip!

The series is hosted by The Film Renegado (if you've watch Obscurus Lupa's stuff he's made at least one appearance on her show, he does a series on Mexican film) and The Circle Guy (Has appeared on Diamanda Hagan and Sad Panda's shows on TGWTG, is also Irish and also does a history show called History Hard-On, it's got a different format to my show in that he just looks at certain events, or weird moments from history, he also does a Beatles Covers Review show). Their shows are great and Circle Guy suggested I apply to be on this show's debut!

• Like 1

Oh sweet jesus - this. I can't stand looking at the Nostalgia Critic or hearing his voices anyways - if I ever watch his videos it's because I'm interested in the topic or my girlfriend is.

Either way - recently I've been a huge fan of JonTron and EgoRaptor coming together to make Game Grumps. I am shocked that a month later they are still uploading about two videos a day - some better than others obviously, but the banter between the two is so organic that I don't really care either way. I usually hate Let's Play channels and generally both of them do as well, but... most people who do Let's Play channels, lets face it, are friggin' boring and don't have a damn thing to say. Jon and Aaron are full of trivia, interesting conversations and just.. stupid funny shit.

Fuck it, I love that whole circle of friends/video makers. JonTron, Continue, EgoRaptor, Peanut Butter Gamer (his gameplay channel, with the addition of Minecraft Hardcore is ten times better than his usual videos), The Completionist and just recently I've started watching Underbelly as well.

How do you even nitpick Total Recall? Total Recall is one of the most ridiculous movies ever. It has psychic babies in people's stomachs and three-breasted women and more "this may not have actually happened" plot twists than a Metal Gear Solid game.

And whatever the fuck this is.

@treyirby Trust me, it's not.

— Allison Pregler (@Obscurus_Lupa)

August 16, 2012

Look, me and Lupa have a great friendship in which forgetting the word "be" is a-okay. And she reviewed a movie called MONSTER HIGH a few days ago. And as said, the only thing that seemed good to me was the ridiculous theme song. But yeah, clearly me and internet critic Obscurus Lupa are the great friends.

Oh and t' TGWTG 4th Year anniversary final trailer has been up a while.

It highly amuses me that there are people taking this as hints that t' Nostalgia Critic will retire/TGWTG.com is going to close down after this comes out. :shifty: