The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

From the position they were in, so close to the end of the season, they should won the league. That's not stupid.

City should've won the league well before then had they not slumped. Wigan should've been relegated with months left. All that matters is points at the end.

• Like 1

I should perhaps have put it a bit clearer, they were 8 points clear at one point and it should have been game over then, but they fucked it up.

Fully aware that City were in a similar position, and yeah they should have wrapped it up long before the final day. "Arguably should" is perhaps the wrong wording. "had the perfect oppurtunity" to win the league would perhaps have been closer to what I meant.

Edited by ravenjuice

That Chelsea attack has frightening potential, be interesting to see if they can live up to the expectations that will be placed upon them next season considering Hazard and Hulk are coming in but they are certainly making a push for challenging for the title next season. Depends on who comes in as well as manager and if they'll play the players to their strengths.

I'm reckoning Chelsea to win the league next year and it'll be the swansong for Lampard/Terry etc.

Man City will push them close and finish second.

Man Utd will be off the pace a bit and finish third.

A little way back from that Spurs WILL get fourth (if we keep the players) ahead of Arsenal and then Liverpool might get sixth if they're lucky.

I find it interesting that it only takes a couple of changes to our squad (Hazard, Hulk and Marin in, but remember Bosingwa, Kalou and DROGBA out) for people to start suggesting we'll win the league, despite being 25 points off the pace last season.

I find it interesting that it only takes a couple of changes to our squad (Hazard, Hulk and Marin in, but remember Bosingwa, Kalou and DROGBA out) for people to start suggesting we'll win the league, despite being 25 points off the pace last season.

To be fair, your players turned it on once AVB left. So there's that.

Hazard and Hulk are pretty big changes.

Ledley King released but won't join another club, will stay at Spurs in some capacity. Quite a few released by various teams but King is the big name, it's a shame he and Woodgate had their injuries because they should have been the England centre halves for the last decade.

Spurs have released Ledley King.

EDIT: Theoretically Woodgate and King were a brilliant, brilliant central defensive pairing. Just a shame they were both always injured and Dawson's going that way too. Very happy for him to stay at Tottenham in some capacity but he just couldn't do it any more. Very sad.

NOW OFFER AJAX THE ASKING PRICE ON VERTONGHEN.

I think we're all expecting the crusading return of the mighty TORRES as well.

Did anyone see his cheeky header in the friendly against S. Korea? I really hope he has an excellent tournament with Spain.