The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I was reading earlier that Wenger claimed the Giroud deal is 90% done, which sounds about right.

Apparently he also said van Persie wouldn't be interested in moving to Juventus as the league was inferior to the Premier League, which sounded a bit less like Wenger. Hopefully this one resolves quickly one way or another anyway. Real Madrid and Barca as of yet are not interested, City is apparently not an option to van Persie, all the while the signing of Giroud looks more like a replacement than someone to play alongside or on the bench behind van Persie.

I don't know if anyone already said this, but 9th-division Wembley F.C. hired a bunch of retired players to play the FA Cup ( Graeme Le Saux, Martin Keown, Ray Parlour , Caniggia, McBride ) and David Seaman for GK coach. Terry Venables is there too.

Edited by RafaelFms

According to the Dutch equivalent of the BBC, Ajax and Spurs have agreed a fee of 12m Euros for Jan Vertonghen, now it's just down to agreeing player contract terms.

I was reading earlier that Wenger claimed the Giroud deal is 90% done, which sounds about right.

Apparently he also said van Persie wouldn't be interested in moving to Juventus as the league was inferior to the Premier League, which sounded a bit less like Wenger. Hopefully this one resolves quickly one way or another anyway. Real Madrid and Barca as of yet are not interested, City is apparently not an option to van Persie, all the while the signing of Giroud looks more like a replacement than someone to play alongside or on the bench behind van Persie.

Eh, I dunno .... Bendtner is likely out and it isn't like Park is in line to make any real contribution at this point. Vela will probably sold to RS ... that leaves what, our Moroccan disappointment ? RVP/Podolski/Giroud would be a nice trio.

Apparently Harry Kewell may be joining Blackburn. I hope they sign him and someone breaks the horrible little Judas scum cunt in two at Elland Road... but he'll probably be conveniently injured for that match.