The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Swansea City have had their £2m bid for midfielder Michu accepted by Spanish club Rayo Vallecano. Also, we're being linked with Santi Cazorla who has supposedly fallen out with his bosses at Malaga over unpaid wages.

Our chairman has a weird way of visiting Malaga every few months and asking who needs to be paid, and writing out a cheque.

...Or he'll get a friend of his from the Championship to make a ridiculous bid so he can jump in with a proper offer.

I imagine it'd go something like this: hey Bury, you want to loan one of our youngsters, sure thing but do us a favour and bid for [swansea player] first".

What's Rodgers intention for this season? Is it to finish 8th again?

I'm not sure if he has come out and said what his goals are with any concrete terms.

I don't think I have heard anyone saying ' must get 4th or else' like last year.

Well, it's already been calculated that if all the shots that hit the woodwork last season would have went in, we'd have finished fourth, above Tottenham. I know it's a pretty big if, but we were unlucky more than anything. Like I've been saying, I'm pretty optimistic. I'll hold my hands up in May if I'm totally wrong, but I have a real strong feeling that Rodgers can turn us around. I don't think even he realizes how successful he could be for us.

...Or he'll get a friend of his from the Championship to make a ridiculous bid so he can jump in with a proper offer.

I imagine it'd go something like this: hey Bury, you want to loan one of our youngsters, sure thing but do us a favour and bid for [swansea player] first".

I wonder what the limit is, I know the manager of my brothers pub team, he'd probably throw in a bid if Rodgers slipped him £50. Or Jay Spearing, but he'd probably rather have the money.

Lol at 'if we'd won more we'd have finished higher' stats.

Edited by Colly

And what about if everyone else had scored all the times they hit the woodwork?

This. Such a ridiculous argument really, and it's not like new manager = Suarez stops smashing it off the woodwork. I imagine performance will probably be better from Liverpool, but I still maintain that this is Rodgers building year so he can discover his players before making a fully fledged effort next year, until 'pool sack him so they can remain in-transition forever.

Way to totally miss my point guys.

I was trying to say that we still have the quality to be a top four team. Everybody seems to be quick to write us off, but really, it was only our finishing that let us down. Rodgers appears to have recognized that fact and is making an effort to amend it. For those that actually watched Liverpool matches last season, you would have saw us dominate 90% of our games and then fall at the final hurdle. If the scoring issue is addressed, I see absolutely no reason why we can't finish fourth.

That. That was my point.