The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I just don't like the assumption that 'tall = big lump unable to fit into a team other than Stoke', Andy Carroll is a good footballer all round and could easily fit into Rodgers 'philosophy' if given the chance. For him to not even get the opportunity to try is madness.

• Like 1

I just don't like the assumption that 'tall = big lump unable to fit into a team other than Stoke', Andy Carroll is a good footballer all round and could easily fit into Rodgers 'philosophy' if given the chance. For him to not even get the opportunity to try is madness.

This is a better phrasing of how I feel.

I've skim-read the previous argument because it seems to have come to the same as it always does whenever a Liverpool fan thinks we can qualify for the Champions League, but here's my take.

Of course we can qualify for the Champions League. Are we likely to? No. Do I think we will? No; as I've said I think we'll finish sixth. But all it takes is a couple of teams to under-perform. It's not completely out of the question. We have a fantastic goalie, a great defence, the best defensive midfielder in the league and a top-quality striker who, as Hobo said, will benefit from the Borini signing (and others in the pipeline) from not being a one-man band up front. Man Utd and Man City will finish in the top four - of course they will. But Arsenal are declining every year, Chelsea's manager is unproven at this standard (and managing a team that didn't finish in the top four last season) and Spurs have just lost the man who built them up to this level in the first place. The best team doesn't always finish above a lesser team in the league. It's not how football works. If the league sorted itself according to the quality of the players each team had every season we wouldn't enjoy it half as much as we do.

Edited by Pesci

I don't think Rodgers is in a mad rush to get rid of him. Liverpool only gave Carroll, Suarez and Borini as first team strikers at the moment. If someone offered good money for him he would probably consider it.

That's what I got from the statement the other day.

Not that it would ever happen, but Andy Carroll is made for Stoke.

I honestly don't think he is, watch him for Liverpool and England trying to deal with wellied hit and hopes, its not his game at all. He likes the ball at his feet unless he's in the box, then you whack it on his bonce.

Carroll seems more than capable at dealing with the long ball forward when out of the box, he wins it in the air 9/10 and can hold it up very well.

Anyway, Chelsea are making yet another signing - Thorgan Hazard confirmed by his current club Lens to be leaving to sign for the Blues by tomorrow.

Edited by AdamDRFC

• Admin

AC Milan are favourites to sign Bruno Uvini from Sao Paolo, with the defender likely to be loaned to Pescara initially should the move be completed. The 21-year-old could well line up for Brazil against Team GB in Friday's Olympics warm-up match. We had him on loan last year.

I think all the Hazards play in the same positions too. I don't think going to the same club is wise! Don't go Thorgan! Be wild and free! Like you were in my FM game when you and Josemi won the Norwegian title and all the cups!

Also some rumour milling:

Also I saw some tweets saying Swansea were after Mark Davies to prepare for Allen to go. And Dempsey wants to leave Fulham for Liverpool.

With the fact Liverpool have officially said they're after Dempsey, I would say he will end up at the club. They are probably hoping that the US tour will culiminate in him signing or something.

I think all the Hazards play in the same positions too. I don't think going to the same club is wise!

Come on now. Have you not seen how Chelsea's summer mission is to sign a thousand players who can play in the same area of the pitch?

Already had Juan Mata.

Then Eden Hazard.

Marko Marin.

Oscar.

Trying to buy Victor Moses.

Thorgan Hazard maybe.

Plus of course Kakuta, Piazon etc.

I suppose one possibility is that they're trying to bring in a 4-6-0 formation by the back door for when Torres is unavailable... :shifty: