The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Sinclair easy. Downing is basically useless in every aspect. Also, his interview a couple of weeks back when he basically said "it's not my fault Liverpool's strikers couldn't put the chances I gave them away" hasn't exactly endeared him to me. That's all well and good, but chances are, if you don't have a single Premier League assist to your name as a winger, you're doing something wrong.

Neither, in all honesty. Sinclair was quite inept for 3/4 of the season, and only scored a couple of goals because of penalties. Sinclair is more greedy on the ball and prefers to cut inside than actually contribute like Routledge and Dyer.

And the less said about Downing, the better.

Hamburg completed the signing of FM11 favorite Milan Badelj, for 3.5M Euros from Dinamo Zagreb.

Roma said they won't be signing Internazionale goalkeeper and brazilian international Julio Cesar because of his high wages.

• Like 3

• Admin

Juventus have told Robin van Persie they want to pair him with Liverpool's Luis Suarez, as they bid to lure him to Italy in the face of strong interest from Manchester United and City.

Hull City have signed veteran Senegalese defender Abdoulaye Faye on a one-year deal after his release from West Ham.

Fifa has given temporary clearance for a quartet of former Rangers players to join new clubs.

Newco Rangers chief executive Charles Green had attempted to block moves for Steven Naismith, Kyle Lafferty, Steven Whittaker and Jamie Ness to Everton, Sion, Norwich and Stoke respectively.

But Fifa has granted temporary dispensation for the moves until full international clearance is given.

Steven Davis's switch to Southampton has yet to be ratified.

But Professional Footballers' Association Scotland solicitor Margaret Gribbon, of Bridge Litigation, had said she was confident all the moves will be cleared by Fifa.

Northern Ireland striker Lafferty has already had to sit out the start of Sion's domestic season in Switzerland because the Scottish FA denied the ex-Rangers players international clearance because of Rangers' objection.

The players had refused to transfer their contracts to newco Rangers on the advice of the PFA Scotland.

Green insists that the players have breached their contracts and that Rangers are due compensation from any club signing the players.

• Admin
Brazilian midfielder Oscar says he has had a medical with Chelsea but will wait until after the Olympics to resolve his future.

The Internacional player, 20, has been linked with a reported £25m move.

But, after playing in Brazil's 2-0 win over Team GB, he maintained he has not agreed to move to Stamford Bridge.

"I only had a meeting with the doctor, nothing else. I haven't signed any contract yet," he said when asked about the Champions League winners' interest.

"I will wait until the end of the Olympic Games to decide my future.

"All Brazilian players have this dream. I have, like everybody, the dream to play in Europe and the Premier League."

The final of the Olympic football tournament takes place on Saturday, 11 August.

Chelsea have already recruited Lille midfielder Eden Hazard and Werder Bremen winger Marko Marin this summer.

We're really reaching for our puns right now, I'd Hazard a guess we'll run out of good ones but that doesn't really Mata, people will keep posting them.