The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I think we did our best to end Ben Amos' Hull career before it even started last night, he took a right clattering in our friendly with them and had to be stretchered off in a neck brace.

James O'Connor is having a medical at Derby County today ahead of a proposed move away from the Keepmoat.

Ron Vlaar's past his medical and has officially signed for us. Great signing.

Glad to see Hutton on the way out, Collins has had a poor couple of seasons so it was probably time for him to go. As for Warnock, he shows flashes of good performances but then undoes it with crap passing and his inability to cope with quick wingers. It's a shame, but I guess it's time for his departure too.

Lambert has also apparently told Alan Hutton and Stephen Warnockthat they can find new clubs.

No idea how we made a profit on Pienaar. Levy at his finest!

Newcastle United have signed Curtis Good from A-League side Melbourne Heart on a six-year deal. The 19-year-old centre-half made 25 appearances for Heart last term in his first season after graduating from the Australian Institute of Sport.

Hull City have signed Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Amos on a season-long loan deal.

Burnley have signed Wales international striker Sam Vokes from Wolves for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.

I heard 500k for Sam Vokes.

Seems you lot are competing with Everton for squad depth

we're shifting deadweight before we confirm any more signings. hence why Vlaar's deal is now confirmed as Collins is out.

we probably don't need a new right back. we have herd, lichaj and lowton there. expect a new lb though.

Doesn't mean we can't speculate though Linny. I know he said he wasn't keen on moving there but maybe he's talking to West Ham, they did have a bid accepted after all.

I'm getting more and more impressed with Lambert's Villa dealings this summer. Collins out, Vlaar in looks a good switch to me and Cresswell is a good young player who could develop into a very strong full back.

And Giggsy before him, who I'd always assumed was the originator until I read a BBC comment earlier criticising Alan Hansen for knocking Bale when he'd done the exact same thing to Scotland while at Liverpool. So maybe call it Hansening?