The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I did not realise that Adebeyor was so tall. (He's 6'3)

I've not heard anything about a height thing within Rodgers system. Borini is 5'11 and while Allen is 5'6, the other player Liverpool confirmed interest in is Clint Dempsey, who is 6'1. So I'm not sure if that fits. But short guys are seemingly the way of the future in football.

Adam!!

Doncaster Rovers have signed former Cardiff City defender Paul Quinn on a one-year deal. The former Motherwell player follows the arrivals of defender Rob Jones, midfielders David Cotterill and David Syers and forward Robbie Blake.

Another good signing that, they all look good on paper so far to be fair to Saunders but we're still a good few players short of a full squad. Quinn can play in the centre of defence which is our real problem area too so happy with that.

Also it's a bonus because earlier in the week it had been reported that Quinn had turned down a contract offer!

• Admin

Wolves have signed Koln winger Slawomir Peszko on a year-long loan deal with a view to a permanent move. The 27-year-old Poland international joins the day after Michael Kightly moved to Stoke for an undisclosed fee. Peszko worked with new Wolves manager Stale Solbakken last season and scored twice in 43 appearances.

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay has confirmed the club are in advanced talks with striker Craig Bellamy about a move back to south Wales.