The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

I'm sorry, but RVP has been at Arsenal for eight years despite not winning anything for seven. He's seen all the great players of the last decade leave and yet he stayed on. Fair play to him I say. He's been incredibly loyal to Arsenal who have also been loyal to him. He could have said nothing and then just left next year like Sol Campbell. Instead he's dropped 20 mil into Arsenal's bank account which no doubt Wenger will waste or just give straight back to the board.

Podolski etc were clear replacements for RVP so it's really not surprising that he's gone. It was always just a case of WHERE and WHEN rather than IF.

I just wish he'd gone abroad though. He always seems to play well against Spurs, even if he comes on as a sub or is carrying an injury etc.

They don't need Henriquez anymore, why are they dong this? To piss me off?

Because we have an agreement in place and other teams are beginning to sniff around?

But you have the first option clause till the end of 2014. Leave him in Chile one more season, you aren't on any hurry

Atleast Arsenal have managed to get 24 mil for someone who's nearly 30 and in the final year of his contract. Yeh its not ideal as he's worth a lot more then that but they managed to get Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud in before selling RVP. Just a question of do they spend that money or not.

Doubt we'll see any more striker purchases from Arsenal this window.

Most Chelsea fans on another forum seem to think that we're still due one more 'big' signing ala Hulk or Cavani, in addition to probably Moses and Azpi. I'm more prone to think we'll come away with just those two at most.

Doubt we'll see any more striker purchases from Arsenal this window.

Most Chelsea fans on another forum seem to think that we're still due one more 'big' signing ala Hulk or Cavani, in addition to probably Moses and Azpi. I'm more prone to think we'll come away with just those two at most.

I think it depends what RDM's plans for Sturridge are, because that right flank is your only problematic area I think? Certainly need cover for RB though that isn't Ferreira. I'd love a Cavani or Hulk in the prem, but you have Oscar, Marin and Hazard and don't really need any more big signings up top.

Yeah, in terms of needing something else in the RW position and, if possible, some other striker option (we have two strikers on our books after Lukaku's loan...United currently have six). Hulk is the obvious one but there's a good chance that Porto are sticking: indeed one rumour is that Chelsea enquired in January and, upon receiving a massive price tag, haven't been back since...with everything else just being paper talk.