The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Angelo Henriquez will join United this weekend and it will be our fifth and final signing according to Fergie. He said, "We definitely won't be buying anyone else. There is no movement about anyone going the other way either."

I'm not sure I believe him though!

Edit: Also Alexander Büttner was presented to the media this morning, it was confirmed he will wear the #28 shirt this season. Fergie said there is a good chance he'll be on the bench for the Fulham game.

Angelo Henriquez will wear #32.

Edited by Starvinho

Fryers to Standard Liege has been on the cards for the last week or so. He didn't go to Spurs because they wouldn't pay the £6million we was asking for him. Not sure what we'll get from Standard Liege but hopefully it'll be a fee in the same region.

The fee is for compensation based on the training, development, etc he received at United. We wanted £6million, Spurs didn't want to pay it and it was due to go to tribunal the last I heard. Then Standard Liege swooped in...

Edit: Apparently Liege "will not have to pay such a hefty price as they can sign him for a minimal compensation fee", whatever that fee is I don't know.

Edited by Starvinho

That Fryers deal sounds a bit like the Joe Ledley signing a few years ago. Cardiff were looking for about £6m from English clubs which, combined with his signing on fee would make the transfer nearer to £8m for a pretty good Championship midfielder. Celtic ended up getting him for about £200k (plus signing on fee)

So it looks pretty unlikely you got anything like £6m for him, more likely to be about £1m at the most.

What I don't understand is why Premier League clubs hold other clubs to ransom over out of contract youth players when they can sign pretty much anyone on a youth contract from the Championship or below for about £50k thanks to that deal they struck with the Football League <_<

Azpi! :w00t:

Thus throwing into doubt all those who have Ivanovic in their fantasy teams...

I suspect that with £6.5m for him and £9m for Moses our summer spending will come to a close. The next week will all be about trying to ship out Malouda/Benayoun/etc.