The 2012 Summer Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Weird it took so long really, I was stunned to see him in the pre season training photos after his sendoff in the end of season lap. Good luck to him, but if I'm being honest he's probably not got a lot of football left in him.

Liverpool apparently will be making two new signings this week.

I've no idea who Rogers is going after. There are so many rumours. I am keen to see who comes in though.

Liverpool apparently will be making two new signings this week.

I've no idea who Rogers is going after. There are so many rumours. I am keen to see who comes in though.

If you're to believe that press conference, nearly all the rumours are totally fabricated. Though I am doubting Big Andy's future judging by how he ducked that question :P

• Admin
International clearance has not been granted for the transfers of Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker, Steve Davis, Kyle Lafferty or Jamie Ness.

The quintet have found new clubs after refusing to have their contracts transferred to a newco Rangers.

But, with Rangers seeking compensation, the Scottish FA will not provide authorisation for the moves.

Fifa are expected to grant temporary registrations while the world governing body rules on the matter.

Davis has joined Southampton, while Whittaker has signed for Norwich and Everton are Naismith's new employers.

Ness moved to Stoke City and Lafferty is with Swiss club Sion.

Clubs request international transfer clearance (ITC) through their own national association, who then contact the SFA who, in turn, contact the club the player is leaving.

However, in this case, the issue is muddied by Rangers FC plc being consigned to liquidation and the newco Rangers having not yet become members of the SFA.

Eleven players have refused to join the new company set up by Charles Green after he purchased the assets of the Ibrox club.

Those leaving have been advised by their union that they do so as free agents.

Green contests this and has written to all clubs in England warning that the players are in breach of contract.

PFA Scotland say Green is deliberately misrepresenting the contract situation, with union chairman Tony Higgins last week saying: "I haven't spoken to a single employment or sports solicitor who agrees with Mr Green's interpretation of the law."

Fifa say they have received no requests on behalf of any former Rangers players.

Weird it took so long really, I was stunned to see him in the pre season training photos after his sendoff in the end of season lap. Good luck to him, but if I'm being honest he's probably not got a lot of football left in him.

Maybe the move to Birmingham has been in the pipeline for a while, but has only just gone through because of their lengthy transfer embargo.

Oh and I'm looking forward to FIFA swatting away the player registration hold-ups when they take one glance at the situation and realise Charles Green and the SFA have not a leg to stand on.

Edited by AdamDRFC

Maybe the move to Birmingham has been in the pipeline for a while, but has only just gone through because of their lengthy transfer embargo.

Forgot about that to be honest, but makes sense as it was most likely suggested by Hughton.

Is Wilson the versatile one that sometimes ends up as a Striker? Basically Stevanage's version of Lucio :shifty:.

Nah, that's Darius Charles.

And Jordan Cook is a good signing for them. He looked promising at Carlisle last season.

I wonder if Rodgers is talking about Gaston Ramirez in regards to his first 'Pool signing?

Seems we jumped the gun early and the website had Dempsey down as a club player before it was quickly removed. Rumours going about that he is gonna have a medical on Wednesday and the fees meant to be about 7 mil. I hope its true, would be a great signing in terms of ability to create chances and score goals.