2012 NFL Draft Thread

I loved Detroit's pick, really. Before this year, how had Matthew Stafford finished the seasons? Injured due to shoddy blocking. You guys just got the second best tackle in the draft way later than pretty much everyone expected him to go. Maybe the other fans are pissed, because it's not a flashy pick. I mean, you guys use to love getting those receivers in the first. :P

Agreed Meacon, it's funny because our fans are probably 60/40 against the pick because it's not Decastro or a CB.

The very funny thing, we all used to universally praise Millen when he'd draft Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, Mike Williams. Ugh, our fanbase is great, but sometimes I wish I could set them on fire during draft weekend.

But you are right, it's not flashy, but when the fuck are offensive lineman flashy picks? In the top ten maybe, but the pick was good because as I said, we needed youth on that o-line as bad as we needed defense. We don't need flashy picks anymore, we need good building blocks to continue our rise. As I said though, I do hope we can address the secondary, but I'd also be cool with adding a LB or DE if the right guy is there tomorrow.

Watch us take a RB in the second tomorrow. :shifty:

Agreed Meacon, it's funny because our fans are probably 60/40 against the pick because it's not Decastro or a CB.

The very funny thing, we all used to universally praise Millen when he'd draft Roy Williams, Kevin Jones, Mike Williams. Ugh, our fanbase is great, but sometimes I wish I could set them on fire during draft weekend.

But you are right, it's not flashy, but when the fuck are offensive lineman flashy picks? In the top ten maybe, but the pick was good because as I said, we needed youth on that o-line as bad as we needed defense. We don't need flashy picks anymore, we need good building blocks to continue our rise. As I said though, I do hope we can address the secondary, but I'd also be cool with adding a LB or DE if the right guy is there tomorrow.

Watch us take a RB in the second tomorrow. :shifty:

I don't mind Backus and the last few years our offensive line has actually not given up many sacks or pressures statistically. Now at first I wasn't sure about the pick last night but I have justified it as him Stafford, and Calvin will be good for the next 8 years.

Now with the 2nd round pick I want defense. Preferably a LB or S. We need bodies at corner but I want to see us build from the inside out. I don't want them to reach for anyone based on team need though in the 2nd round.

As for other teams I think if in the 3rd round or possibly 4th round depending on how things unfold San Fran would be smart to go after Cousins at QB. He would be a great fit to back up Alex Smith in case Smith can't get the job done in the next year or two. I could see him becoming a solid starter and an improvement there over the next year or two.

I'm hoping we grab another QB this year in the 4ht or 5th round. Dennis Dixon hasn't shown much of anything and our other options are too injury prone (Leftwhich) or old as dirt (Batch). Thank god we drafted an O-Lineman though. Now we can concentrate on the secondary :shifty:

Rutgers wide receiver Mohamed Sanu was the victim of a draft-night prank which led him to believe he was being taken in the first round by the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sanu received a phone call prior to Cincinnati making the 27th overall pick from someone identifying himself as a member of the Bengals, according to Sanu's agent, Mike McCartney.

Sanu and his draft party celebrated until everyone saw the name of guard Kevin Zeitler flash across the TV screen as the Bengals' selection.

"Very cruel prank call to a Sanu tonight," McCartney posted on Twitter. "[it's] very sad that someone would do that."

McCartney told ESPN's Andrew Brandt that he called the number, which Sanu got off his caller ID, but the person on the other end of the line showed little remorse, saying it was "just a practical joke."

:lol:

Thought that was pretty funny, wish the guy would've recorded the conversation.

Just because somebody is gonna be rich, doesn't mean it's okay to be a dick to them. o_O

Not saying it's OK to be a dick with him but it was harmless fun. He'll get his call, he'll fulfil his dream and get rewarded handsomely anyway.

I'm hoping we grab another QB this year in the 4ht or 5th round. Dennis Dixon hasn't shown much of anything and our other options are too injury prone (Leftwhich) or old as dirt (Batch). Thank god we drafted an O-Lineman though. Now we can concentrate on the secondary :shifty:

Dixon is no longer on the team, he's a free agent. I don't have a problem with Leftwich and Batch as backups. They've got it done before. And if Ben gets hurt and is out long term the team isn't going to win anything anyway.

---

As for the first round, I think the Steelers, by staying put, had one of the top three or four best picks in Round One. I cannot believe Cleveland screwed up twice (okay, yeah I can). And the Bruce Irvin pick was hilarious.

I should have known the Lions would fuck up the second round. You had Peter Konz waiting for you, and you take a WR (YES THE LIONS TOOK ANOTHER FUCKING WR!!!) who is coming off of a torn ACL. What the fuck? It just completely defies logic when the offensive line and secondary need help. Awful fucking pick.