EWR 2012 Stats Update: June ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Guest Team 720

The Japanese promotions:

All Japan Pro Wrestling, Michinoku Pro Wrestling, New Japan Pro Wrestling, Osaka Pro Wrestling, Pro Wrestling NOAH and Zero-One are all still currently active promotions.

BattlArts closed in 2011.

Pride formally shut down this year.

Toryumon exists but it does not. In 2004 The core of Toryumon Japan (including Naoki Tanisaki of Toryumon X) separtated from Ultimo Dragon and turned the remains into Dragon Gate. Since then only one Toryumon branded show happened. Similar to the closure of Smash leading to Wrestling New Classic being formed.

Wrestling Marvelous Future (which acts as DDT in the game) closed down in 2008.

World Japan (which acts as K-Dojo in the game) has not been around on a regular basis since 2004.

So, just to simplify and confirm... If we were to do handle the Japanese Promotions the way I suggested above (meaning if they are defunct to make them empty)...

BattlArts, Pride, Toryumon, WMF and World Japan should be empty... Correct?

-Bill

Toryumon is weird in that it evolved right into Dragon Gate. The only differences are slight presentation differences, the name and Ultimo Dragon is not the owner. I would leave them in as is mainly due to this fact. Sorry for the confusion but it is not as clear-cut as the other promotions closing entirely while Toryumon just changed ownership and names.

BattlArts, Pride, WMF and World Japan should be emptied.

Add Otoko Sakari as an alter ego for Alexander Otsuka as this is a name he has used in both Michinoku Pro and Osaka Pro in the past few years.

I don't like the idea of leaving them empty. I'm all for substitution.

• Like 1

Guest Team 720

Could somebody potentially use Hex Editing to change the promotion names? All we'd have to do is re-download a copy of EWR with the changes.

The problem is I do not believe it actually edits the whole promotion which is the problem. You look at Pride or Battlarts and they require shoot spots

Agreed.

As for the above Carlito/Cena dislike relationship, I read in a recent interview Carlito having positive things to say on Cena, so I'd add a friendship if anything.

CZW Wired has begun running shows, but as far as I know they are not airing them online or on a TV deal, and are sort of being used as a developmental territory (a mix of lower-card talent with trainees). Delete CZW Wired the television show and add CZW Wired as a developmental territory with Maven Bentley booking. Add AJ Evers to CZW Wired, as he is the current only one on the roster who is nearly exclusively on Wired. I'll work on providing stats for guys who appear on Wired only.

-Change Ryan Slater to a face, No Gimmick Needed, for CZW.

-Change Joe Gacy's gimmick to Loner for CZW.

-Raise Vader's brawl to 74, speed to 17, technical to 42, selling to 58, and overness to 74. Lower his wages to 65,000. Change his primary finisher to Corner (or Top Rope), and his secondary to Powerbomb (impact).

-Raise Roderick Strong's charisma to 71.

Edited by KrisClassic

Guest Team 720

Agreed.

As for the above Carlito/Cena dislike relationship, I read in a recent interview Carlito having positive things to say on Cena, so I'd add a friendship if anything.

CZW Wired has begun running shows, but as far as I know they are not airing them online or on a TV deal, and are sort of being used as a developmental territory (a mix of lower-card talent with trainees). Delete CZW Wired the television show and add CZW Wired as a developmental territory with Maven Bentley booking. Add AJ Evers to CZW Wired, as he is the current only one on the roster who is nearly exclusively on Wired. I'll work on providing stats for guys who appear on Wired only.

I guess CZW Wired is the replacement for MBA and NEXT when CZW and CHIKARA had the joint training camp.

I would lower Satoshi Kajiwara's brawl to 34, raise his speed to 62 and technical to 65.

Agreed.

I guess CZW Wired is the replacement for MBA and NEXT when CZW and CHIKARA had the joint training camp.

I would lower Satoshi Kajiwara's brawl to 34, raise his speed to 62 and technical to 65.

Wired is essentially MBA just with a different name, from what I can collect.

Guest Team 720

The problem is, the promotions are based on specific stats which I am not quite sure on what stat works for each promotion though I would guess shooting ability would be needed for Battalarts and PRIDE. I think Bill's method is the best with the game as is. Hex Editing the names can only do so much because it will not affect how or why wrestlers start working for say Toryumon.

FCW/NXT notes:

The new NXT debuted this past week on Brighthouse Network (as well as around the world) If you want to watch a link has been found here. The problem is it is not shown online par-say and only through Brighthouse Network. Not exactly sure what to do there. I am putting the spoilers in a spoilers tab.

The overness ratings seem to be correct for now.

The Ascension (Conor O'Brian and Kenneth Cameron seem to have a mysterious gimmick like they do.

Bo Dallas should have a cocky gimmick.

Rick Victor, CJ Parker and Mike Dalton were used as jobbers for the show so I am not sure on the

Rick Victor DOES NOT LOOK MENACING at all so he should not have it ticked.

I would further lower Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt, Kassius Ohno and Seth Rollins overness into the 50's. They do not seem like they would be that over right now. YES, Ohno and Rollins both were insanely over in ROH and other indies BUT, in WWE they are not quite yet. Harris has been gone long enough most fans would have forgotten about him.

The problem is, the promotions are based on specific stats which I am not quite sure on what stat works for each promotion though I would guess shooting ability would be needed for Battalarts and PRIDE. I think Bill's method is the best with the game as is. Hex Editing the names can only do so much because it will not affect how or why wrestlers start working for say Toryumon.

FCW/NXT notes:

The new NXT debuted this past week on Brighthouse Network (as well as around the world) If you want to watch a link has been found here. The problem is it is not shown online par-say and only through Brighthouse Network. Not exactly sure what to do there. I am putting the spoilers in a spoilers tab.

The overness ratings seem to be correct for now.

The Ascension (Conor O'Brian and Kenneth Cameron seem to have a mysterious gimmick like they do.

Bo Dallas should have a cocky gimmick.

Rick Victor, CJ Parker and Mike Dalton were used as jobbers for the show so I am not sure on the

Rick Victor DOES NOT LOOK MENACING at all so he should not have it ticked.

I would further lower Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt, Kassius Ohno and Seth Rollins overness into the 50's. They do not seem like they would be that over right now. YES, Ohno and Rollins both were insanely over in ROH and other indies BUT, in WWE they are not quite yet. Harris has been gone long enough most fans would have forgotten about him.

For whatever reason, the spoiler link isn't opening... The NXT link has also been blocked in the US, so I can't watch it... Kind of a shame, since I was actually looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully, WWE pulls their heads out and airs it somewhere....

Regarding the Japanese Promotions: The problem with subbing is, keeping track of which promotions are subbed in and who they are subbed in for. If we could at least edit the promotion names, it would make things much less confusing. Unfortunately, that's only possible through hex editing...

The problem with hex editing is, from what I understand (and I could be wrong) if I edited the data on a non-hexedited copy of EWR, then someone tried to play tht on a hexedited copy, it would create runtime errors. The same is true if I edit the data on a hexeditied copy and someone tried to use the data on a non-hexedited copy... That seems like headaches waiting to happen. Again, I could be wrong on the hex editing, but, from what I understand, that's what would happen in those cases. We have enough people posting about things like not being able to hire staff... God knows how many people would be posting if they got runtime errors due to hex editing.

While I don't necessarily like having empty Japanese Promotions, I do think that it would create the least amount of headaches... Besides, it's not like they'd stay empty... As people play the game, those promotions would fill back up, like they do anyway.

Other quick notes:

The plan is to have the update out on June 30th (Next Saturday). I know I said I wouldn't put firm dates out, but like I said before, the laptop needs to hit the shop for a couple weeks and I'm going to a friend's wedding on Sunday, July 1st. so, even in a worst-case scenario, I don't forsee the update being out any later than Sunday Night (the 1st) or early Monday morning (the 2nd) because the computer is going to the shop on the 2nd.

Like I said before, I have everything backed up on external harddrives (and thumbdrives) so no worries of losing the data. I will be able to update somewhat without the laptop, but won't be doing nearly as much... Probably limiting it to removing more workers that we can't find any info on, etc... Worker stats won't be touched... That'lll give everyone a couple weeks to look at what's in the July Update and work on correcting everything in an "accross the board" fashion, as we discussed here: http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88650&st=210&p=2651831&#entry2651831

Finally, be sure to catch RAW this Monday Night and look for me... They're taping RAW from the arena that's maybe 5 minutes from my house, so obviously, I'm going... :)

Oddly enough, I just noticed that the background that was used for the Blaze Utility was my hometown arena as well... Does the person who created the utility still post here? Curious that he chose my hometown arena... Wonder if it's because he's from around here or something...?

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996
  • Like 1

Guest Team 720

Edit:

I would raise the stats of these former Toryumon System wrestlers Also tick talks for all of them that are at a no:

Bear Fuduka (Mango Fuduka) should have his speed at 48, his technical at 41, his overness at 25 and charisma at 62.

Brian Lee (Japan) should have his speed at 71 and his charisma at 52.

CHANGO should have his brawl at 43, his speed at 69, his technical at 66, his overness at 20 and his charisma at 60.

Daisuke Hanoka should have his speed at 74, his technical at 68, his overness at 28 and his charisma at 55.

Go should have his speed at 55, his stiffness at 40 and his charisma at 52.

Hajime Ohara should have his brawl at 55, his speed at 62, his technical at 67, his stiffness at 45 and charisma at 55. His primary finisher should be Finish Elbow a ground move (it is a sliding forearm.)

Hiromi Horiguchi should have his charisma at 55.

Hisamaru Taijima should have his brawl at 62 and his charisma at 58.

Jun Ogawauchi should have his speed at 69, his technical at 79, his overness at 27 and his charisma at 60.

Kazuchika Okada should have his speed at 62 and his charisma at 62.

Kei Sato should have his technical at 69, his overness at 24 and his charisma at 56.

Ken45 (Pineapple Henai) should have his speed at 73, his technical at 66, his overness at 25 and charisma at 68.

Kinya Oyangei should have his speed at 68, his technical at 68, his overness at 17 and his charisma at 70, he is amazing in whatever comedy role he does whether it is the soldier(think Soldier Ant) or a fitness instructor.

Motosugu Shimizu should have his brawl at 58, his charisma at 55 and high spots ticked.

Passion Hasegawa should have his overness at 18.

Rascal Matsuzaki should have his technical at 66 and his charisma at 58.

Shu Sato should have his overness at 24 and his charisma at 56.

Takeshi Minamino should have his speed at 78, his technical at 63, his overness at 28 and his charisma at 67.

Touru Owashi should have his charisma at 58.

Yapper Man #1 (Milanito Collection AT) should have his speed at 85, his overness at 24 and his charisma at 65.

Yapper Man #2 (Banana/Hercules Senga) should have his technical at 58, his overness at 24 and his charisma at 65.

Remove Italian Horsemen VII and replace Daisuke Hanaoka with Daisuke Sasaki in Italian Horsemen IV.

Edited by Team 720

Could you put Samoan Thunder Lance Anoai in at the update? He is the son of Headshrinker Samu. Last I heard he was fighting for a promotion called WXW, owned by Afa The Wild Samoan.

See him in action at around 45min The commentator said that he just recently had a tryout with the WWE.

I think Kris provided stats for him a couple posts back.

• Like 1

Could you put Samoan Thunder Lance Anoai in at the update? He is the son of Headshrinker Samu. Last I heard he was fighting for a promotion called WXW, owned by Afa The Wild Samoan.

See him in action at around 45min The commentator said that he just recently had a tryout with the WWE.

I think Kris provided stats for him a couple posts back.

Thanks dude! Didnt notice that.

For whatever reason, the spoiler link isn't opening... The NXT link has also been blocked in the US, so I can't watch it... Kind of a shame, since I was actually looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully, WWE pulls their heads out and airs it somewhere....

-Bill

NXT right here - http://www.youtube.c...&feature=g-like

The beginning is Dutch/German or something, but it's english.

Edited by I_Like_EWR

-Bill

NXT right here - http://www.youtube.c...&feature=g-like

The beginning is Dutch/German or something, but it's english.

Yeah, thanks... I found a link and was able to rip it to my harddrive, so I'll probably watch it tonight.

As far as what to do with NXT ingame, one of the TV Networks in the game is called "Bright House Sports"... Looks to be an affiliate of the Bright House Network...

If not, we could go with a generic like "Regional Network." Anyone know what timeslot it should be aired in? It looks like FCW aired on Thursdays at 11PM, but the first NXT aired on Wednesday, the 20th... Dunno if this was a one time thing and they'll be in the old FCW slot (as many sites reported) or if it'll be on on Wednesdays... If anyone knows, please let me know.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest Team 720

A few quick suggestions with television networks:

I notice we have several regional networks such as Comcast Network which is only show from Virginia to New Jersey (source: wikipedia.)

What is the deal with KJLA? I tried reading their wikipedia entry to see if it is local, regional or what not and I am confused.

myNetworkTV should perhaps be replaced by National Syndication as it is not really have true programming (source: wikipedia.)

I would push to rename FSN to National Sports Network based on the fact FSN has broken off sports networks such as ComcastSportsNet, DirectTV's Root Sports and Cablevision's MSG+. This is because most stations that broke off from the Fox Sports Regional Networks still air FSN programming (with the exception of SportsNet NY (SNY))

Perhaps add Local Sports Network for those like Brighthouse Sports, MSG Network, SNY or YES Network (all out of New York)

I would raise Riki Sensyu's speed to 57 and his charisma to 67.

Add Riki Gannosuke to Mr. Gannosuke's alter egos. He used this in a tag team match in which he teamed with Riki Sensyu in Big Japan (source: Cagematch.)

Add Khalil Gaspard and Fabiano Rolento as alter egos for Omar Akbar. Note: While Akbar has not worked under the Khalil Gaspard name, it is listed as his name on his Twitter account (source: Twitter Profile.) Tick Shooting as he is training in MMA.

Add Mohammad Akbar, Hamid Jihad, Jihad and Taliban to Mohammad Ali Vaez's alter egos (source: Cagematch.) Put his 2CW gimmick as Arabian.

Add The Insurgency as a stable in 2CW with Mohammad Ali Vaez, Omar Akbar and Bin Hamin.

Edit: Add John Cutler and JC as alter egos of Jon Cutler

Delete alter ego entry for El Gringo Loco

Rename Tyme Paige to Gringo Loco and remove Gringo Loco II as an alter ego entry.

Raise Arya Daivari's overness to 28.

Add Heros to the game:

Name: Heros<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Short Name: Heros<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Gender: Male<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Age: 28

Birthmonth: August<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Weight: Lightweight <br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Nationality: Mexican <br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Wage: $7,000<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Primary Finisher: Huracanrana<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Secondary Finisher: Huracanrana<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Contract Type: None<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Touring With: None<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Employer 1:<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Employer: None<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Card Position: Lower Midcard<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Disposition: Face<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Manager: None<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Gimmick: Luchadore<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Stats:<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Brawl: 29<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Speed: 74<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Technical:62 <br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Stiffness: 20<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Selling: 63<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Over: 22<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Charisma: 58<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Attitude: 85<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Behavior: 85<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Alter Egos: Arnurlfo Catalino<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Relationships:<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">Loyalty: Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II

Add Mr. 450 to the game:

Name: Mr. 450

Short Name: Mr. 450

Birthmonth: June

Weight: Lightweight

Nationality: American (Puerto Rican)

Wage: $6,000

Primary Finisher: 450 Splash (Top Rope)

Secondary Finisher: 450 Splash (Top Rope)

Contract Type: None

Touring With: None

Employer 1:

Employer: None

Card Position: Lower Midcard

Disposition: Face

Manager: None

Gimmick: Highlight Reel

Stats:

Brawl:36

Speed: 78

Technical: 45

Stiffness: 32

Selling: 70

Over: 27

Charisma: 62

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Alter Egos:John Yurnet, Hammett

Relationships:

Loyalty: Enrique Cruzz

Edited by Team 720

A few quick suggestions with television networks:

I notice we have several regional networks such as Comcast Network which is only show from Virginia to New Jersey (source: wikipedia.)

What is the deal with KJLA? I tried reading their wikipedia entry to see if it is local, regional or what not and I am confused.

myNetworkTV should perhaps be replaced by National Syndication as it is not really have true programming (source: wikipedia.)

I would push to rename FSN to National Sports Network based on the fact FSN has broken off sports networks such as ComcastSportsNet, DirectTV's Root Sports and Cablevision's MSG+. This is because most stations that broke off from the Fox Sports Regional Networks still air FSN programming (with the exception of SportsNet NY (SNY))

Perhaps add Local Sports Network for those like Brighthouse Sports, MSG Network, SNY or YES Network (all out of New York)

Well, here's my notes and suggestions... Keep in mind that I personally haven't done much with the TV Networks file... So, there are likely to be spots that need overhauled:

Comcast Network: This should probably be renamed to Comcast SportsNet. Combined, they cover a good portion of the US, as can be seen here: http://www.themtn.tv/

Tying that in with the FSN situation you mentioned, we could rename FSN to one of the other two networks you mentioned (Root Sports or MSG+) and just adjust those two networks to have similar production values, potential audiences and max risks.

KJLA: KJLA looks to be the Los Angeles affiliate of LATV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LATV This is the network that is the home of CMLL's "Guerreros del Ring." We could rename this to "LATV" and make it a generic network, I suppose...

myNetworkTV: This is where SmackDown aired from 2008-2010. Nowadays, with SmackDown on SyFy, this is probably another network that could be renamed and be adjusted to mirror either Root Sports or MSG+

Personally, I don't think we need to add any more networks, per se, but perhaps rename and adjust some of the "out of date" ones, as I mentioned above. Bright House Sports is already in the game... Right off the top of my head, Disney and VH1 would be two networks that could be adjusted to become MSG, SNY or YES, although I'm not sure how much wrestling thsoe networks air these days... I don't recall Disney or VH1 ever airing any wrestling programming. Don't recall HBO or Showtime airing wrestling programs, either, come to think of it.

Also, for the time being, I have set NXT to Bright House Sports on Wednesdays, in the Late Night Slot.

Based on the spoilers that I have:

I have set Jim Ross as the NXT Announcer, with "None" as the Color Commentator, as it seems the color spot has been manned by William Regal, Byron Saxton and Chris Russo on various tapings... Could be one of those things where they are still playing with which announce combo they want to use, or plan to rotate it on a regular basis.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996