EWR 2012 Stats Update: June ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Do we really need to add more relationships? To quote another user a few months back (c-mil i think), the relationships file is already bloated to hell and makes first loading incredibly long.

Honestly, what I think needs to happen is, the relationships needs to be streamlined somewhat. Some workers have a junkload of relationships. That's fine if they are legit, but we also have to understand how those relationships work in the game.

Looking at CM Punk, for example... He has loyalties with people like Allison Danger, Evan Starsmore and Smash Bradley. I highly doubt he'd take a major morale hit (or, if on an open deal, leave the company) if these guys were released. Guys like Colt Cabana and Daniel Bryan? That's a little different.

IMO, the problem with the loyalties is the student/trainer relationship. I realize the game states that "Loyalty usually applies to either trainers and students, or long-time tag partners, and is basically a more intense version of friendship," so in a lot of cases, workers who trained other workers get hooked up with a loyalty relationship. The problem with that is, guys like Ultimo Dragon then end up with 50 "loyalties" and releasing him or one of his former students causes a big-ass chain reaction.

I mean, I don't see the Honky Tonk Man quitting or getting majorly pissed if you release Sig Masta Rappo... That kind of thing, while they might have trained together or whatnot, I think needs to be re-evaluated based on how it effects the gameplay, as opposed to just saying "Well, he trained him, so that's a loyalty."

I liken it to when Finlay was working with the Divas... If WWE fired a diva that he was working with, chances are, he'd not really give much of a damn and certainly wouldn't quit his job over it.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to say that I believe the relationships, while necessary as a whole, need to be looked at in terms of in-game result and my guess would be, a lot of relationships would be downgraded or removed, which would help solve the issue of it being "bloated."

-Bill

• Like 1

I think that Scott Parker and Magnus should be removed from the game. If anyone can find information on them from 2012 then by all means keep them in the game but I think that they should be removed so that Brutus Magnus can be renamed Magnus and Jagged can be renamed Scott Parker, as they are more well known and should have their proper names.

I wouldn't remove Shawn Stylez. People use him for BY2G.

Problem is, I'd about bet that the only reason he is used is becasue he has a low wage.

In my research, I've only found a "Spiffy" Sean Styles (who is in as worker 1367) and a "Sexy" Shawn Stylz, who I don't think is in the game, but can be found here: http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/s/shawn-stylz.html

The "Shawn Stylez" in the game is British, has a friendship with Jeremy Vengeance and a hate with the other Sean Styles. Haven't been able to get much of anything from that info, either.

Chances are, if we find info on him, chances are, I'm gonna bump his wages up anyway, which again, is probably the only reason people hire him.

Finally, just to clarify... Just because I posted a long list, that doesn't mean they will all be wiped out immediately, with no discussion... If we can get info and pics for these workers, they'll stay in the game.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest The Phenomenal Red

For anyone interested, this is the list of workers in the game that would be the first candidates for removal, along with some random notes:

Abdul Hanish (Stampede)

AC Coaltrain

Akinari Yasuzawa (NJPW)

Alex Super Fly

Amoretto Mitsuko (FLI)

Angus

Anthony Barlett Jr. (EWR)

Anthony Blanca Blackball'd Wrestling Organization

Benny Dredd

Blinky

Bouncer Bob RN: Santos Martinez IWA and WWC

Brian Anderson

Buddy George

Calvin Rose Mississippi Championship Wrestling: http://www.myspace.com/ms_wrestling

Carlos Latino

Chi-Nen Hokkai Michinoku Pro

Chris Clontz Canadian, Border City Wrestling

Christopher Wells

Damien Ryback

Dennis Rampage Championship Wrestling

Dirty Man Dempsey FOW

Dragon 2000

Dreiven IWA Puerto Rico

Dynamo

Franco Demarco Canadian, Border City Wrestling

Franklin J. Faust III

Freddie Laguardia Future of Wrestling

Fujihiro Ounori NJPW

Gino The Punisher

Harden Bradley

Jack Spurrs

Jason Norcross

JC Castro

Jeff Shapiro

Jim Warcloud (Tim Warcloud?) http://www.oklafan.com/bios/147/profile.html

John Dalton

John Prendergast

Johnny Mac

Juan Latino

Junichi Yabuki

Kazunobu Nakamura

Kenjiro Katahira Hawaiian Championship Wrestling

Kid Justice

Kid Lightning http://www.genickbruch.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=20051 http://www.genickbruch.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=15774

Konrad

Krazy Dee

Kyle Rice

Leo Rogers

Little Mac Empress Stampede Wrestling

Lucas White

Marc Portugal

Mark Gold

Matt Bison UWA Hardcore and CZW

Mini Machine

Mr. Spa Fitness Hawaiian Championship Wrestling

Mr. X-Treem

Onyx EWA

Pat Powers

Peter Van Orton Peter Ferriero, the promoter of the IHPW Was inducted in the ACE hall of fame in 2010.

Phoenix

Red McHallister

Rick Mathis

Rico Suave RME

Ruftop

Russ Rampage Championship Wrestling

Sean Rollins

Senior Kidd

Shane Holmes

Shawn Stylez

Shemus

Simon Sanders

Stealth

Steve Jaworski

Steve Parker

Super Atomo AE: Atomo IWA-PR http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2069

Super Gladiator

Syrus Born 1985

Tank Sheik Ali

The Great Tetsujin

The Iceberg

The Machine

The Purifier

The Super Ninja

Tonic

Tony Brasco

Ultimate Fighter Caruso (Tag with Daryl Bonilla)

Willy Paterson

Youngbleed

Yukitsugu Kanechika

Yusuke Morikado

For the most part, this list of workers has no pic, has little to no info in the game whatsoever to try to do "detective work" on. What that means is, they don't have any alter egos, tag teams, etc, that could help get further on the search for them. Some do have info, but obviously, that info has never led to anything.

I have a women's list as well, even though I'm pretty sure all of the women in the game have a pic. Those on that list, about all I have on them is a picture. That list is currently on paper though, so I can post that once I get a chance to type it up. Again, probably not anyone that most people have even heard of, or was even aware that they were in the game to begin with.

-Bill

-Bill

I just went through all the names.

Do Not Have A Cagematch Profile:

AC Coaltrain

Akinari Yasuzawa

Alex Super Fly

Amoretto Mitsuko

Angus

Anthony Barlett Jr.

Benny Dredd (though listed in OVW results from 2004)

Blinky

Brian Anderson

Buddy George (though listed in RPW results from 2000/1)

Calvin Rose (though listed for various promotions through 2011)

Carlos Latino

Chi-Nen Hokkai

Christopher Wells

Damien Ryback

Dennis Rampage

Dirty Man Dempsey (though he was listed as active in FOW in to 2012)

Dragon 2000

Drieven

Dynomo

Franco Demarco

Franklin J Faust III

Freddie Laguardia (though he is listed as wrestling on numerous profiles. The only year I could find in 2002)

Fujihiro Ounori

Gino The Punisher (though he is listed as wrestling in IWA through 2005)

Harden Bradley

Jack Spurrs

Jason Norcross

JC Castro (though he wrestled for EWF up to 2005)

Jeff Shapiro

Jim Warcloud

John Dalton (though listed in NWA Wildside results from 2002)

John Prendergast

Juan Latino

Junichi Yabuki

Kazunobu Nakamura

Kenjiro Katahira

Kid Justice (though I know there was in RPW/NWA Upstate and RCW during the mid 2000's)

Kid Lightning (though he is listed as working up to 2009)

Konrad

Leo Rogers

Little Mac Empress

Lucas White

Matt Portugal

Mark Gold

Mini Machine

Mr. Spa Fitness (though he is listed as a former champion in Hawaii)

Mr. X-Treem (though he wrestled for EWF in 2004)

Onyx EWA

Pat Powers (though he is listed as a a member of The Headliner with Pat Labatt)

Peter Van Orton

Phoenix

Red McHallister

Rick Mathis

Rico Suave RME

Ruftop

Russ Rampage

Sean Rollins (though he wrestled in APW as of 2004)

Senior Kidd (though he is listed as a member of Los Tabarnacos with Simon Sanders)

Shane Holmes

Shawn Stylez

Shemus

Simon Sanders (though he is listed as a member of Los Tabarnacos with Senior Kidd)

Stealth

Steve Jarworski

Steve Parker (though he has wrestled for EWR and teamed with Mr. X-Treem)

Super Gladiator

Tank Sheik Ali

The Great Tetsujin

The Iceberg (though he has wrestled with IWS in Canada and teamed with Face of Death as Faces of Death)

The Machine

The Purifier (though he managed in wXw as of 2005)

Ultimate Fighter Caruso

Willy Paterson

Youngbleed

Yukitsugu Kanechika

Yusuke Morikado

I would remove any of them without information without any question.

Have A Cagematch Profile:

Anthony/Antonio Blanca last wrestled in 2008 for NWA Pro East (source: cagematch.)

Bouncer Bob last wrestled in 2008 for IWA (source: cagematch.)

Chris Clontz last westled in 2005 for BCW (source: cagematch.)

Johnny Mac is Johnny Slaughter and last wrestled for GCW back in 2010 (source: cagematch.)

Matt Bison last wrestled in 2007 (source: cagematch)

Super Atomo/Atomo wrestled as recent as 2011 for IWA (source: cagematch.)

Syrus's last match was in 2005 for EWF (source: cagematch.)

Tonic's last match was in 2007 for wXw (source: cagematch.)

Tony Brasco's last (and only) match was in 2003 for Steel Domain (source: cagematch.)

I would use your discretion with these ones. I can see one guy for sure staying in the game due to pictures...

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

I think that Scott Parker and Magnus should be removed from the game. If anyone can find information on them from 2012 then by all means keep them in the game but I think that they should be removed so that Brutus Magnus can be renamed Magnus and Jagged can be renamed Scott Parker, as they are more well known and should have their proper names.

Unfortunately, that sort of thing can happen, with the game only allowing a name to be used once. That's actually one of the reasons I haven't added Michael Hayes from OVW into the game yet... It obviously conflicts with the WWE's Michael "PS" Hayes.

Neither of those two will be removed, because I was able to find accurate info on both of them relatively quickly... What could be done is rename Scott Parker to "Solid Gold" Scott Parker and rename Magnus to "Magnus Von Steel." That would allow for the other renames to happen.

Typically, I don't like to add a worker's nickname in the in-game name (for example, Randy Savage was not "Macho Man" Randy Savage) but there have been instances where it has been done, such as Dangerous Danny Davis (to avoid the conflict with the OVW owner). This would be a situation where it could likely be accepted.

... Hell, maybe that's my answer to the "Michael Hayes" dilemma... Simply rename the staff member to "Michael PS Hayes"...

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Unfortunately, that sort of thing can happen, with the game only allowing a name to be used once. That's actually one of the reasons I haven't added Michael Hayes from OVW into the game yet... It obviously conflicts with the WWE's Michael "PS" Hayes.

Neither of those two will be removed, because I was able to find accurate info on both of them relatively quickly... What could be done is rename Scott Parker to "Solid Gold" Scott Parker and rename Magnus to "Magnus Von Steel." That would allow for the other renames to happen.

Typically, I don't like to add a worker's nickname in the in-game name (for example, Randy Savage was not "Macho Man" Randy Savage) but there have been instances where it has been done, such as Dangerous Danny Davis (to avoid the conflict with the OVW owner). This would be a situation where it could likely be accepted.

... Hell, maybe that's my answer to the "Michael Hayes" dilemma... Simply rename the staff member to "Michael PS Hayes"...

-Bill

What about Scott Jagged Parker as a rename for Jagged?

You can always rename Michael Hayes to Dok Hendrix or his real name Michael Seitz too. (source: wikipedia)

Isn't Magnus Sin Cara's brother(?) in mexico?

-Bill

I think that this would be the perfect solution Bill!smile.gif

Magnus CMLL is Sin Cara's brother... He's talking about the one named "Magnus" (worker 2049 in the most recent update, tags with Quentin Barboni). I found him here, named "Magnus Von Steel": http://www.genickbruch.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=11462

He's wanting TNA's Brutus Magnus to be named "Magnus." The only way to do that would be to rename the current Magnus to Magnus Von Steele... Magnus CMLL (Sin Cara's brother) would remain the same.

You can always rename Michael Hayes to Dok Hendrix or his real name Michael Seitz too. (source: wikipedia)

I wouldn't do Dok Hendrix... Michael Seitz would work, but he's referred to as "Michael PS Hayes," especially on the WWE Classics on Demand shows. Just figured that would be the easiest way to do it. Hell, with one being a worker and the other being staff, only the actual name of the pic would need to be changed, kind of how Ted Dibiase (The Million Dollar Man) has his pic named "Ted_DiBiase.jpg," while his son, the wrestler has his pic named "Ted_DiBiase_Jr.jpg." Both are named "Ted Dibiase" in the game.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Magnus CMLL is Sin Cara's brother... He's talking about the one named "Magnus" (worker 2049 in the most recent update, tags with Quentin Barboni). I found him here, named "Magnus Von Steel": http://www.genickbruch.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=11462

He's wanting TNA's Brutus Magnus to be named "Magnus." The only way to do that would be to rename the current Magnus to Magnus Von Steele... Magnus CMLL (Sin Cara's brother) would remain the same.

I wouldn't do Dok Hendrix... Michael Seitz would work, but he's referred to as "Michael PS Hayes," especially on the WWE Classics on Demand shows. Just figured that would be the easiest way to do it. Hell, with one being a worker and the other being staff, only the actual name of the pic would need to be changed, kind of how Ted Dibiase (The Million Dollar Man) has his pic named "Ted_DiBiase.jpg," while his son, the wrestler has his pic named "Ted_DiBiase_Jr.jpg." Both are named "Ted Dibiase" in the game.

-Bill

Why wouldn't Magnus CMLL take the Magnus name over Brutus Magnus? He actually has been under that name pretty exclusively rather than Brutus Magnus who has worked under that name, Sir Brutus Magnus as well.

I wasn't sure how to quote part of your earlier post directed at me, but anyways, that's cool. For the most part I would have figured it would take forever to add and delete feds especially when half the roster is missing (I was going to add Metro Pro Wrestling to my game, but 80% aren't in so I said screw it). I watch a few smaller feds and I'd like them in here, but realistically there are 100's so its tough to figure out which ones to put in once one gets deleted, so I figured it might help you a bit.

As for that list you posted, I am fine not having any of them in the game. I never heard of 95% of them, and the one's I have, I likely used for BY2G. As for Ralphus, I liked when they used him in WCW, but I have never once thought of using him in the game.

I do have a question though and I'm not sure on how a good solution would be for it. Almost everyone (including myself) likes to have the game as realistic as possible. Now here's my question- Is there any way to modify Spike TV's ratings show that TNA shows don't get 5.5 ratings when in reality they are getting closer to a 1? The only solution I could think of is maybe dropping them down to National, and even then they would still get higher ratings then a 1. Some would argue dropping them wouldn't work because they have shows outside the U.S. That is true, but I still don't see them popular enough to be given the Global rating. I know WWE isn't drawing close to 5.0 rating's either but they still have double or triple the audience for their shows and even their house shows. It's not something that needs to be fixed immediately I was just proposing it to see if someone could come up with ideas or if nothing else tell me to shut up. For the record, I do like TNA Wrestling, so I'm not hating on their product, but just trying to find a solution to make the game realistic.

Guest mr. potato head

Re: Shawn Stylez

Strongly suspect that this guy is a current or former EWB or other EWR board poster. Quite likely a legit wrestler at some level, but not necessarily high enough to warrant inclusion.

Consider: friendship relationship with Jeremy Vengeance, who I'm positive either used to or still does post here. Hate relationship with 'Sean Styles' would suggest to me that Stylez somehow contacted a previous stat updater with a message like "Yeah, I'm a real wrestler, Vengeance can vouch for me. Give us a friendship. And give me a hate with Sean Styles, that nincompoop stole my name!"

Obviously there's no evidence to back up the second part of that, but it feels right :shifty:

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I do have a question though and I'm not sure on how a good solution would be for it. Almost everyone (including myself) likes to have the game as realistic as possible. Now here's my question- Is there any way to modify Spike TV's ratings show that TNA shows don't get 5.5 ratings when in reality they are getting closer to a 1? The only solution I could think of is maybe dropping them down to National, and even then they would still get higher ratings then a 1. Some would argue dropping them wouldn't work because they have shows outside the U.S. That is true, but I still don't see them popular enough to be given the Global rating. I know WWE isn't drawing close to 5.0 rating's either but they still have double or triple the audience for their shows and even their house shows. It's not something that needs to be fixed immediately I was just proposing it to see if someone could come up with ideas or if nothing else tell me to shut up. For the record, I do like TNA Wrestling, so I'm not hating on their product, but just trying to find a solution to make the game realistic.

I agree with you but there are a few things.

1) TNA promotes events in England under the TNA banner.

2) TNA would grow too fast and be in the position to battle with WWE within weeks/months due to an unessicary jump when TNA goes from national to global (this is why RoH was raised and then AAA and CMLL as well due to being at war and being nationally known in Mexico, more so RoH is in the US.

Why wouldn't Magnus CMLL take the Magnus name over Brutus Magnus? He actually has been under that name pretty exclusively rather than Brutus Magnus who has worked under that name, Sir Brutus Magnus as well.

Um... Because I didn't even recall that Sin Cara's brother was even in the data until someone else brought it up, but have had people bitching for 6 months about "Brutus" still being on "Brutus Magnus"...? Honestly, that's the best I got... :)

Really, the only way to ensure that the shows don't get high ratings would be to lower the max ratings for the networks... Problem with that is, you'd then have to subsequently cut the ratings of all of the networks and, with the lower ones having so little potential as it is, there comes a point where they shouldn't even be in the game... I mean, are you gonna sign a TV deal that, at max, gets you a 0.03 rating?

The other problem is the fact that WWE was on Spike and was able to pull the higher ratings. In the height of the "Monday Night Wars," RAW did a 8.1 and was regularly in the 5's and 6's... So, they certainly are capable of getting the high marks on those networks.

It's just kind of a catch-22... Either drop the potential audiences, which isn't realistic becasue it's been done before and would also drop some networks off the board completely or just kind of grin and bear it and accept it as one of EWR's flaws. :)

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Um... Because I didn't even recall that Sin Cara's brother was even in the data until someone else brought it up, but have had people bitching for 6 months about "Brutus" still being on "Brutus Magnus"...? Honestly, that's the best I got... :)

That is good BUT in the past, you have wanted to limit the (insert name here) (insert promotion) here people when there are multiple people using the name. Now that the original Magnus is gone, the two options are Brutus Magnus (who has used several names) and Magnus who has used one other name that is also currently used. That is why Nemesis NWA-A is The H.H. Nemesis and Iceberg IWS is The Iceberg now. Hell, you even just recently renamed Nemesis PWG to Nemesis after the original was removed from the game. Just wondering the logic gap here...

Hate to do this in the thread, but just had an idea and want to get it down beofre I forget... I'll be sure to check it if it's in the thread... :)

RE: OVW/TNA relationship:

Why not simply name TNA's Development Territory "Ohio Valley Wrestling?" Any TNA worker that is in the OVW in-game could then be set to a Development deal in TNA, while also under their deal in OVW. We wouldn't need to remove the OVW promotion from the game and probably would be the most realistic way to handle the relationship... Hell, worst case (if the game won't accept the name) just name the development territory "OVW" as opposed to "Ohio Valley Wrestling."

Dunno if any workers would need to be adjusted this way currently, but certainly could be in the future and would allow people that use TNA to sign talent and "Send them to OVW" while not affecting the in-game promotion.

OK, guess now that I've typed all of that out for everyone to see... any thoughts?

-Bill

That is good BUT in the past, you have wanted to limit the (insert name here) (insert promotion) here people when there are multiple people using the name. Now that the original Magnus is gone, the two options are Brutus Magnus (who has used several names) and Magnus who has used one other name that is also currently used. That is why Nemesis NWA-A is The H.H. Nemesis and Iceberg IWS is The Iceberg now. Hell, you even just recently renamed Nemesis PWG to Nemesis after the original was removed from the game. Just wondering the logic gap here...

Heh, I just explained my "logic gap"... I forgot there was even a "Magnus CMLL" in the game... You raise a fair argument. :)

-Bill

Thanks for the update!

Rename the tag team of Darren Young and Titus O'Neil to the Prime-Time Players.

Remove Joseph Mercury from the Workers list and add him as a trainer for WWE.

turn Mason Ryan heel. add him to the All World Promotions

add a FRIENDSHIP relation between Brock Lesnar and Michael McGillicutty

add a FRIENDSHIP relation between Tensai and John Laurinaitis

add a FRIENDSHIP relation between Matt Morgan and John Cena

add a FRIENDSHIP relation between Matt Morgan and Randy Orton

change Staff Member Chris Russo name to Jack Russo

Johnny Curtis is 27 years old.

remove Ric Flair from TNA

change Val Kabious name to Andre Tyson.

We all know that when/if Joey Mercury is released, he will return to the ring and thus we will need to put him back in. It happened with Finlay and I am sure it will happen with others. Plus WWE has enough trainers, hell the game has enough after I added RPW and FUW into the game. The only thing the game needed was two road agents... <_<

I would rename Val Kabious once he debuts in FCW. I am pretty sure you are using the list of WWE personnel wikipedia page as Andre Tyson is his real name. (Which by the way has Averno as a WWE talent that has not been assigned DESPITE the fact he has continued to wrestle for CMLL for a year after his rumored jump to WWE to feud with Sin Cara.

Unless I missed something when did Mason Ryan actually join All World Talent?

Pretty much agree with Red here... But, I'll make quick comments...

Not much to comment on Mercury... Red hit the nail on the head.

When FCW gives Val Kabious a name, then I'll worry about renaming him... They change worker names down there more than some people change underwear... Same deal with Chris Russo... Russo hasn't even bothered to change his twitter account if he is in fact going by "Jack" now, which I have seen NOTHING about.

I realize Ryan was teased as joining All-World, but don't believe he's actually been "officially signed." Regarding the "All World Experience" tweet, I read that as part of the "recruiting," not that he's a member as of yet.

Finally, I must have missed it, but why should Laurinaitis and Tensai have a friendship?

-Bill