EWR 2012 Stats Update: June ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Hate to do this in the thread, but just had an idea and want to get it down beofre I forget... I'll be sure to check it if it's in the thread... :)

RE: OVW/TNA relationship:

Why not simply name TNA's Development Territory "Ohio Valley Wrestling?" Any TNA worker that is in the OVW in-game could then be set to a Development deal in TNA, while also under their deal in OVW. We wouldn't need to remove the OVW promotion from the game and probably would be the most realistic way to handle the relationship... Hell, worst case (if the game won't accept the name) just name the development territory "OVW" as opposed to "Ohio Valley Wrestling."

Dunno if any workers would need to be adjusted this way currently, but certainly could be in the future and would allow people that use TNA to sign talent and "Send them to OVW" while not affecting the in-game promotion.

OK, guess now that I've typed all of that out for everyone to see... any thoughts?

-Bill

I like this idea alot. It reflects their current relationship pretty well I think. I say go for it.

Also I don't know about everyone else but if you did happen to delete every single guy off that list from earlier I wouldn't blink.

And I don't know if this was mentioned already so apologies if it's repetitive, but Wiki says Brodie Lee goes by Luke Harper in FCW now, although he's not on their roster page. They linked to a show report that didn't have any mention of Lee by his real name, but figured it was worth mentioning if anyone else has any info.

Edited by Quintana

I think Joey Ryan's overness should be bumped to 55 or so. I also think Garrett Bischoff's overness should be lowered to be on par with Joey.

Thanks Bill, great work!

-Raise Anthony Nese's brawl to 66.

-Raise Keiji Mutoh's overness to 80.

-The PWS Tag Champs aren't in the game, so vacate them.

-Kevin Matthews is the PWS Heavyweight Champion. Raise his brawl to 58, overness to 40, and charisma to 79.

-Remove Virgil from PWS. I was mistaken about him being a part of Reality Check.

Finally, I must have missed it, but why should Laurinaitis and Tensai have a friendship?

http://www.wrestlene...s-job-with-wwe/

- Both The Undertaker and John Laurinaitis were responsible for Matt "Lord Tensai" Bloom returning to WWE.

Taker and Laurinaitis have been friends with Bloom for years. Bloom has reached out several times over the years seeing if WWE had work for him but nothing ever happened until they went looking for a new "henchmen" for Laurinaitis.

Edited by hippie

For anyone interested, this is the list of workers in the game that would be the first candidates for removal, along with some random notes:

Abdul Hanish (Stampede)

AC Coaltrain

Akinari Yasuzawa (NJPW)

Alex Super Fly

Amoretto Mitsuko (FLI)

Angus

Anthony Barlett Jr. (EWR)

Anthony Blanca Blackball'd Wrestling Organization

Benny Dredd

Blinky

Bouncer Bob RN: Santos Martinez IWA and WWC

Brian Anderson

Buddy George

Calvin Rose Mississippi Championship Wrestling: http://www.myspace.com/ms_wrestling

Carlos Latino

Chi-Nen Hokkai Michinoku Pro

Chris Clontz Canadian, Border City Wrestling

Christopher Wells

Damien Ryback

Dennis Rampage Championship Wrestling

Dirty Man Dempsey FOW

Dragon 2000

Dreiven IWA Puerto Rico

Dynamo

Franco Demarco Canadian, Border City Wrestling

Franklin J. Faust III

Freddie Laguardia Future of Wrestling

Fujihiro Ounori NJPW

Gino The Punisher

Harden Bradley

Jack Spurrs

Jason Norcross

JC Castro

Jeff Shapiro

Jim Warcloud (Tim Warcloud?) http://www.oklafan.c...47/profile.html

John Dalton

John Prendergast

Johnny Mac

Juan Latino

Junichi Yabuki

Kazunobu Nakamura

Kenjiro Katahira Hawaiian Championship Wrestling

Kid Justice

Kid Lightning http://www.genickbru...&wrestler=20051 http://www.genickbru...&wrestler=15774

Konrad

Krazy Dee

Kyle Rice

Leo Rogers

Little Mac Empress Stampede Wrestling

Lucas White

Marc Portugal

Mark Gold

Matt Bison UWA Hardcore and CZW

Mini Machine

Mr. Spa Fitness Hawaiian Championship Wrestling

Mr. X-Treem

Onyx EWA

Pat Powers

Peter Van Orton Peter Ferriero, the promoter of the IHPW Was inducted in the ACE hall of fame in 2010.

Phoenix

Red McHallister

Rick Mathis

Rico Suave RME

Ruftop

Russ Rampage Championship Wrestling

Sean Rollins

Senior Kidd

Shane Holmes

Shawn Stylez

Shemus

Simon Sanders

Stealth

Steve Jaworski

Steve Parker

Super Atomo AE: Atomo IWA-PR http://www.cagematch...t/?id=2&nr=2069

Super Gladiator

Syrus Born 1985

Tank Sheik Ali

The Great Tetsujin

The Iceberg

The Machine

The Purifier

The Super Ninja

Tonic

Tony Brasco

Ultimate Fighter Caruso (Tag with Daryl Bonilla)

Willy Paterson

Youngbleed

Yukitsugu Kanechika

Yusuke Morikado

For the most part, this list of workers has no pic, has little to no info in the game whatsoever to try to do "detective work" on. What that means is, they don't have any alter egos, tag teams, etc, that could help get further on the search for them. Some do have info, but obviously, that info has never led to anything.

I have a women's list as well, even though I'm pretty sure all of the women in the game have a pic. Those on that list, about all I have on them is a picture. That list is currently on paper though, so I can post that once I get a chance to type it up. Again, probably not anyone that most people have even heard of, or was even aware that they were in the game to begin with.

-Bill

I'm going to go through this and point out a few that I can think of now plus a few that I searched

AC Coaltrain - Found this video on a quick search, 2008 seems fairly recent IMO

Amoretto Mitsuko - Pretty sure I've never seen any info, only thing I know is that he was an FLI guy in the original data

Angus & Shemus - Similar to Amoretto Mitsuko, except they were on the rosters for Phoenix Championship Wrestling which means they're more likely to have been real wrestlers

Anthony Bar(t)lett Jr. - Was in original data, could never find info on him

Anthony/Antonio Blanca - Probably keep him, there's some data out there on him although I couldn't find a photo

Calvin Rose - Looks like there's plenty of info/matches on/of him from a quick search

Dirty Man Dempsey - Only a few cards came up for him, another original data worker who has no pic

Frankie Laguardia - Similar situation as above I'm fairly sure

Gino The Punisher - Can only find cards from WWC in 2005

Harden Bradley - Same situation as Frankie Laguardia

Jason Norcross - Nothing of note except an angelfire profile and a post on GDS forums about him being a character in "The GDS-Verse"

Jeff Shapiro - Appears to be/have been a main guy behind the scenes of JAPW, seems like there's some good info. I think I found a picture of him once

Jim Warcloud - Yeah, I've seen Tim Warcloud who was the War Cloud from the original data from World League Wrestling IIRC

Kid Lightning - Seeing as you found him two links for him, that seems enough to keep him in for now, even if the info is outdated

Konrad - Was in original data alongside his partner Blade, who appears to have been deleted. Never found any info whatsoever

Leo Rogers - Appears to have wrestled with Synn, could be an amateur who had a few pro wrestling matches

Little Mac Empress/Matt Bison - If they've worked for famous companies such as Stampede/CZW, let's give them a bit more of a chance than others before deleting them

Mr. Spa Fitness - Looks like there's some good info on him from his time in HCW

Peter Van Orton - I remember finding a picture of him, he seems like more of a backstage guy like Jeff Shapiro although he may have made appearences, especially as a manager or authority figure

Shawn Stylez - MPH probably knows better than most with these matters

Super Atomo - Phenomenal Red appears to have come up with quite a bit there

The Iceberg & The Machine - Two really generic names, so it's hard to tell who exactly they refer to

Hope this helps you Bill. :)

-Check Menacing for Keiji Mutoh.

-Lower Sami Callihan's stiffness to 76.

-Lower Devon Moore's brawl to 63 and speed to 72. Make him a Face in CZW, Extremist.

-Raise Adam Cole's wages to 14,000.

-Raise Kimber Lee's overness to 28.

-Apologies for this next change as it's flip-flopped, but change Four Loco's stable name to 4-Loco.

-Raise Samuray Del Sol's overness to 47 and charisma to 54.

-Raise Shane Strickland's brawl to 41, speed to 74, and overness to 28.

This is a tough one. He definitely has a distinct presence as Great Muta and all that, but as himself, without all the extras, is he really menacing? I don't know... I'm on the fence and would love to hear some other input.

This is a tough one. He definitely has a distinct presence as Great Muta and all that, but as himself, without all the extras, is he really menacing? I don't know... I'm on the fence and would love to hear some other input.

Here's my take...

The guide defines "Menacing" as a "menacing, or intimidating look." Now personally, I don't think a guy like the Big Show is "menacing or intimidating," especially when he's playing a face or is not in character. But, he becomes a helluva lot more menacing when he's a heel.

Guys like Ax and Smash (Demolition) aren't menacing at all, if you take the face paint off... Same could be said about Road Warrior Animal, The Warlord and The Barbarian, especially given the fact that they are all in their 50's... Yet, they all have menacing checked.

I'd also ask this: Is Mutoh (without the "extras") at least as menacing as Haku? Because Haku has menacing checked as well... Hell, Triple H has menacing checked... So does Randy Orton... So does Mick Foley... Even Doink has menacing checked.

In the end, I think a lot of it really depends on what character/gimmick the worker is playing. Obviously, as I said before, Big Show isn't nearly as menacing as a face as he is when he's a heel. All of the other workers I mentioned above, you could certainly say they were menacing in one gimmick, while not so menacing in another... Did anyone think Repo Man was menacing? King Haku? Dude Love? Doink as a face? I'd say no to all of those, but certainly would say that Demolition Smash, Meng, Cactus Jack and Evil Doink were in fact, pretty menacing.

Long story short, Mutoh certainly is capable of being menacing, even if he's not necessarily being as menacing as he can be currently. For that, I would have to say he deserves menacing to be checked. But, anyone can feel free to disagree.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Here's my take...

The guide defines "Menacing" as a "menacing, or intimidating look." Now personally, I don't think a guy like the Big Show is "menacing or intimidating," especially when he's playing a face or is not in character. But, he becomes a helluva lot more menacing when he's a heel.

Guys like Ax and Smash (Demolition) aren't menacing at all, if you take the face paint off... Same could be said about Road Warrior Animal, The Warlord and The Barbarian, especially given the fact that they are all in their 50's... Yet, they all have menacing checked.

I'd also ask this: Is Mutoh (without the "extras") at least as menacing as Haku? Because Haku has menacing checked as well... Hell, Triple H has menacing checked... So does Randy Orton... So does Mick Foley... Even Doink has menacing checked.

In the end, I think a lot of it really depends on what character/gimmick the worker is playing. Obviously, as I said before, Big Show isn't nearly as menacing as a face as he is when he's a heel. All of the other workers I mentioned above, you could certainly say they were menacing in one gimmick, while not so menacing in another... Did anyone think Repo Man was menacing? King Haku? Dude Love? Doink as a face? I'd say no to all of those, but certainly would say that Demolition Smash, Meng, Cactus Jack and Evil Doink were in fact, pretty menacing.

Long story short, Mutoh certainly is capable of being menacing, even if he's not necessarily being as menacing as he can be currently. For that, I would have to say he deserves menacing to be checked. But, anyone can feel free to disagree.

-Bill

I disagree with Animal and Warlord, they are entirely menacing. As Road Warrior, Animal looked like a tough biker that no one wanted to mess with. Yeah does Warlord look goofy with a tin on his face,but look at his build. He looks like he can kill. Hell if Reks has it, Warlord should too... King Haku was not, BUT he wasn't protrayed as a tough islander until he became Col Robert Parker's bodyguard Meng in WCW. At first he was just an islander.

Mutoh only looks menacing under the Muta mask that he uses in All Japan since going bald. He also does not look it when he is Kokushi Mutoh (his alter ego when tagging with Jinsei Shinzaki.) It is not like Mick Foley who looks menancing with or without the Mankind mask. When Foley returned as Cactus Jack in 2004 and to WWE to feud and team with Edge, he looked like old Cactus. Foley can change his facial look and be menacing. Mutoh does not and I LOVE the guy. The fact is without the Muta mask, he looks like an old broken down man.

*waits to get misted and then a shining wizard*

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Mutoh only looks menacing under the Muta mask that he uses in All Japan since going bald.

This is kind of what I was saying, though... Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow, as themselves or under their other gimmicks, likley wouldn't qualify as "menacing." But, when they put that Demolition makeup on and take on that gimmick, it's hard to argue that they are indeed menacing, even today.

I'm not really familiar with Mutoh, so I dunno if his in-ring mannerisms could be considered menacing or not. The point I was making is that, in a lot of cases, it's the gimmick that can determine how meanacing (or unmenacing) the worker is.

I certainly wouldn't have said Big Show was menacing a month or so ago, when he was on his knees bawling in the middle of the ring... But, he certainly could be considered menacing now...

Honestly, with Mutoh having the unique gimmick and the effect of "menacing" doing very little, except for opening up some gimmick possibilities that require menacing to be checked, whethr it's checked or not isn't really going to do anything in-game, either way.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Mutoh only looks menacing under the Muta mask that he uses in All Japan since going bald.

This is kind of what I was saying, though... Bill Eadie and Barry Darsow, as themselves or under their other gimmicks, likley wouldn't qualify as "menacing." But, when they put that Demolition makeup on and take on that gimmick, it's hard to argue that they are indeed menacing, even today.

I'm not really familiar with Mutoh, so I dunno if his in-ring mannerisms could be considered menacing or not. The point I was making is that, in a lot of cases, it's the gimmick that can determine how meanacing (or unmenacing) the worker is.

I certainly wouldn't have said Big Show was menacing a month or so ago, when he was on his knees bawling in the middle of the ring... But, he certainly could be considered menacing now...

Honestly, with Mutoh having the unique gimmick and the effect of "menacing" doing very little, except for opening up some gimmick possibilities that require menacing to be checked, whethr it's checked or not isn't really going to do anything in-game, either way.

-Bill

If the gimmick makes the person menacing, shouldn't that mean that the person has to have menacing ticked to use the gimmick?

-Bill

If the gimmick makes the person menacing, shouldn't that mean that the person has to have menacing ticked to use the gimmick?

All's I was saying is, there are certain gimmicks in the game that require menacing be checked, in order to work. Mutoh currently has the "Unique" gimmick, which doesn't need menacing. Therefore, unless Mutoh's gimmick in the game is changed, it doesn't really matter if he has menacing checked or not.

But, I would think that, for example, Barry Darsow would have to have the ability to be menacing, otherwise, Demolition Smash would not have been menacing. Even though Darsow played non-menacing characters such as Repo Man and "Hole In One," that doesn't mean that darsow doesn't have the ability to be menacing, he's just not using that ability in those other gimmicks.

Another way to look at it is Doink. As a heel, yes, he is menacing (at least IMO). As a face, where he is wearing the same makeup and has pretty muchy the sme gimmick, he's not menacing (again, IMO). Teh ability to turn that on and off lies with the worker not the makeup or costume.

I guess the question is, is there anything that Mutoh does different under the Muta gimmick that he doesn't do in other gimmicks, or is he "just wearing a scary mask?" again, I haven't watched him enough, but I'd have to assume he's doing something different to give that mask/makeup the "menacing" effect that it gives off when he wears it.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

Big Show isn't menacing? He's 7 feet tall and weighs over 400 pounds. I imagine that'd seem pretty menacing if I was stood across from him.

I'm just saying I'd much rather stand next to the Big Show that is smiling, kidding around and handing his hat to kids than this one:

11595990_ori.jpg

As a babyface, I don't see him nearly as menacing as he is when he's a heel... That's all.

Size doesn't necessarily make a person more menacing... Hell, I've been to a few Shimmer shows and would much rather stand across from Kharma (Amazing Kong) than Sweet Saraya. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not stand across from either, but give me a choice and I'm staying the hell away from Saraya. :)

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996