EWB Minecraft Battle Royale (The Thread!)

Katsuya

You can still break things otherwise but you're trusted not to. Also, in the map Flint and Steel is meant to light OTHER PLAYERS on fire.

I'm calling it now, Ruki will be the first one suspended from the server for breaking rules.

No one told me the breaking things was on a 'honor system' basis. :/

As for the Flint and Steel, yeah...no >_>

Ruki: such an emotionally broken individual that he actually has trouble understanding the concept of being trusted.

That genuinely sounds exceptionally fun to me. Especially if you could build a trap door to spring out of.

Can't you just reset the map?

It sounds fun having not played the game, sure, but when everyone else is waiting for the next one to start and it's only you (hidden in a hole, no weapons or anything because you didn't leave the area) and one other left who spends forever trying to find you. We've had problems with people just sitting in the Ocean on a boat waiting the game out before. I mean it's a tactic, but it's not a very fun one for you or anyone else.

Sadly it's not as simple as just resetting the map because that means uploading it again to the server, manually restocking every chest (there's a lot), setting up danger zones commands and a whole bunch of other stuff that takes a lot of effort and time. It's a fairly good trade off when all anyone has to do is not set the map on fire or break stuff so we can then play multiple games. We can even play games with ADG not around or with ADG playing too this way, because someone like me or Overlord or Kats can admin the game, because it's just a few simple commands to restock the chests and turn off the danger zones.

I mean we did have Flint and Steel, but we stopped adding it because the first thing anyone did with it was set the trees on fire or burn down houses. Neither of which work quick enough to ever actually kill someone. And most people start with a sword or even a bow and arrows, so everyone already has a much more effective way of killing.

And yeah I'm up for a game tonight. ADG, any chance you might be able to sort out some of the problems with the Snow map so we can try it out again?

I'm down to play today. Day off! Woo!

EDIT: I am on Skype and on Minecraft. Say the word and I'm ready :D

I'm up. ADG just needs to start the server.