The Olympics ban words in London

NobBe Nobbs

Yeah, not a fan of attempting to ban things that have existed prior to, and will continue to exist well after this one event. There is no way they could actually enforce against someone having a 'summer sale' to act as if they can makes them look like knobs. Chips I get to a degree as it seems as if they are only banning them in an area under their direct control. It would be annoying though if you wanted a burger and chips and could only get it from McDonalds with a massive queue.

well.. the fact mcdonalds don't sell chips is also an issue. they sell fries.

The whole situation is ridiculous but it's not the fault of London. The sponsors are truly awful. As if holding down all these other smaller businesses wasn't enough, they're basically using the Olympics as a ploy to avoid taxes. I know that's the government's fault for giving them the opportunity to, but they're a bunch of incompetents so there's no surprise there. It's the sponsors that are the worst.

Even the thought of companies such as McDonalds or Coca Cola sponsoring a sporting event is a bit sickening. I would boycott McDonalds but 1) I'm not that petty; 2) It wouldn't make a difference; 3) I never eat from McDonalds anyway because I am far too refined.

• Like 1

My favourite thing about it is that since you have to pay to say 'Olympics' on anything, the Sports Direct website simply categorises all its Olympic gear under the heading 'major sporting event'. Mike Ashley doesn't give a fuck.

What about Cash4Gold?

Edited by Colly

It's astonishing how much the entire world is willing to bend over backwards to accomodate a horrendously corrupt sporting event with an invented history.

• Like 1

You are one of the least refined gentleman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

untrue

You were wearing shorts with socks, sat on a table, wore underwear outside of you shorts, need I go on?

lawyers are just doing their jobs :/

so were nazi soldiers :/

Hey, did you know that both the Olympic flame and the "interlocked rings" motif were invented by the Nazis?

BACK ON TOPIC, SCHWING.

I know I'd much rather eat that delicious cuisine England is known for, like...

...yeah I'd probably get McDonald's.

They have good Indian food! Not as good as the real thing, but it's actually got flavor!

On a related note, I had a McDonald's across the street from my flat when I was studying in London. After about a month I gave up on finding anywhere affordable that wasn't a very sketchy as well as likely unhygienic fried everything store and just started eating McDonald's when I didn't have time to prepare myself food. It was a tragically safe option.

It all seemed far too natural.

I'm a good actor

I know I'd much rather eat that delicious cuisine England is known for, like......yeah I'd probably get McDonald's.

They have good Indian food! Not as good as the real thing, but it's actually got flavor!On a related note, I had a McDonald's across the street from my flat when I was studying in London. After about a month I gave up on finding anywhere affordable that wasn't a very sketchy as well as likely unhygienic fried everything store and just started eating McDonald's when I didn't have time to prepare myself food. It was a tragically safe option.

Waitrose! Marks & Spencer!

It all seemed far too natural.

I'm a good actor

I know I'd much rather eat that delicious cuisine England is known for, like......yeah I'd probably get McDonald's.

They have good Indian food! Not as good as the real thing, but it's actually got flavor!On a related note, I had a McDonald's across the street from my flat when I was studying in London. After about a month I gave up on finding anywhere affordable that wasn't a very sketchy as well as likely unhygienic fried everything store and just started eating McDonald's when I didn't have time to prepare myself food. It was a tragically safe option.

Waitrose! Marks & Spencer!

Those well known affordable food shops...

Football still has 250,000 unsold tickets, have no idea why they stuck all the games in such big stadiums.

Edited by Sam