NHL 13

Ruki

Picking it up after work today. Going to start a BAP...power-forward for the Calgary Hitmen!

Well I hope you aren't using the default faces in the game, because they are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. They are pretty much caricatures of caricatures.

If I had a connection I would so do gameface instead.

Xboxers...still on for our GM Connected?

Aye. Maybe set up a dedicated thread though? Also bear in mind I possibly won't have the game til Friday. Also also is there any news of a first roster update, and if it's not far off, is it ebst to wait?

I don't know if this was designed to happen or luck, but I set my favourite team as Toronto. When I started HUT, it gave me both Toronto jerseys and a lot of Toronto players.

By design. I always struggle to get into the NHL HUT because I have no interest in the European leagues.

Took a while to set everything up with the updates and downloading the latest roster. I swear my pizza cooked before I was finished.

I played my first regular game (after upping the game speed and acceleration, because lets face it, the default settings are so horrible all the youtube videos promoting the game had the speed increased), was losing 5 nothing in the 3rd period and made a huge comeback to tie it 5-5 with 18 seconds left. I won in a shootout with Gaborik 6-5. They scored a few low 5-hole goals on Lundqvist. I also think faceoffs are much harder than 12, although most friends are telling me it's the opposite - I felt like 12 was cake even on harder settings.

There's a ton of in the moments which should be really fun to play.

Lastly, I'm not 100% satisfied with the skating. I don't think a huge overall was unnecessary. At times the skating just isn't as smooth as it should be. I think they could've adjusted NHL12 without changing the entire skating performance. I like the added puck chop they put in NHL13 and the ability to turn around at will.

Just got a shutout with Hank for the in the moment - Hank stealing the show. Talk about tension. Rangers gave me a scare throwing it behind the net every play. Every time sens came down I was like "This is it. Here's where they score..." I made some key fucking saves. We scored an empty net goal to win 2-0.

Took a while to set everything up with the updates and downloading the latest roster. I swear my pizza cooked before I was finished.

I played my first regular game (after upping the game speed and acceleration, because lets face it, the default settings are so horrible all the youtube videos promoting the game had the speed increased), was losing 5 nothing in the 3rd period and made a huge comeback to tie it 5-5 with 18 seconds left. I won in a shootout with Gaborik 6-5. They scored a few low 5-hole goals on Lundqvist. I also think faceoffs are much harder than 12, although most friends are telling me it's the opposite - I felt like 12 was cake even on harder settings.

There's a ton of in the moments which should be really fun to play.

Lastly, I'm not 100% satisfied with the skating. I don't think a huge overall was unnecessary. At times the skating just isn't as smooth as it should be. I think they could've adjusted NHL12 without changing the entire skating performance. I like the added puck chop they put in NHL13 and the ability to turn around at will.

Faceoffs are completely different, and I think they are harder. It feels like unless I am using a really good faceoff player, I'm going to lose.

Finally getting to play this now after being shut down by EB Games last night with no midnight release. Top that with having to get my wisdom teeth (+2 more) pulled today.

All I have to say so far is you know your HUT team sucks when your best player is Scott Gomez. :crying:

I don't know if this was designed to happen or luck, but I set my favourite team as Toronto. When I started HUT, it gave me both Toronto jerseys and a lot of Toronto players.

HUT is designed to force you to build a team from the ground up, so the opening packs usually give you lower rated, less skilled players. Also known as Toronto Maple Leafs.

• Like 2