Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Decided to start a new game and try to work my way around Europe winning as many league titles as possible but with a twist. I've decided to bring a random Irish player along for the whole ride, setting myself guidelines along the way.

I settled on Conor Pepper as the random teenager and laid out a few rules

Injury aside, he must to play in at least 50% of all league games

I cannot stay in one club/country for more than 3 seasons

I must resign as soon as I win a league title

He must be my first signing at every club

At the end of his career, hopefully he'll have league titles all over Europe as well as exceeding his potential and becoming a superstar for Ireland in the process.

So it begins!

conorpepperoverviewprof.png

Yeah I was surprised when I signed him, I was just looking for somebody cheap and versatile. He's not the worst but definitely not elite status.

Lost 2-1 at home to Lorient in my first game, with Pepper getting a 10 minute cameo at the end, not a great start!

I don't know if I'm really happy or really annoyed by this.

I started up my Rangers game and spent time doing the usual assessment of my squad...trying to find transfer targets etc. etc. Eventually I'd progressed a few weeks through the pre-season, brought in 3 or 4 new players and was just about to gear up for my first friendly match against Dynamo Kyiv when BOOM, crash dump.

I could hardly believe this so began to wonder if there were potential compatibility issues between FM13 and my new Windows 8 laptop. Googling such things elicited no obvious pitfalls for Windows 8 but I did come across the concept of Steam's "Verify integrity of game cache" button, which was new to me.

It took a few minutes to run and it came up with 6 unverifiable files, which were reintegrated (or something). Curious, I loaded up my previous Notts County BSC game and tried once again to run past December 31st.

...January 1st, here I am.

On the one hand, yay. On the other hand, I was just getting into the Rangers deal. :/

Played for a pretty long time so far, got to the 18/19 season in my game I started since March. Pretty much failed in it so far though, only trophy/League I have is the Community Shield with Arsenal.

Started at Reading, lasting three seasons in the prem before getting relegated and resigning (I hate the Championship). Then I got the Job at Arsenal (O.O) where I won one trophy and didnt even last a year, due to their shit squad, then went on short 2/3 month spells with Stoke, Fulham, Malaga, Southampton & Hull, before joining Brighton. Last season we managed to qualify for the Europa League by getting 5th place in the Prem, hope we can get the same again this season

So theres some pics I'd like to show y'all.

RegenStriker_zpsdf95ef7f.jpg

Thats probably my best Striker, who came from Ipswich for 7m last season. All our hopes of getting into Europe again are on him getting goals, and loads of them.

InsaneRuddy_zps5549d1c5.jpg

That is one beast of a GK. I signed him for Fulham a few years ago and he's still there. If it werent for Hart, Butland & Smithies, he would have at least 1 cap by now, infact he regularly gets in the England Squad.

I was tempted to get him until I saw this....

Iwant_zps2e32e96c.jpg

I dont think Lyon will sell him for anything less than 20m, but I have that much and plan to make him a Brighton player, just not yet. Asmir Begovic is our number 1, and whilehe's rocking Brighton now, he will eventually need to get replaced. I think, if noone else goes for the Frenchy, I will hopefully get him next season.

Squad_zpsa47c5762.jpg

Begovic, Mata, Shelvey & Fletcher were Key Players last season and they will also be looking to have a good season in the second year.