Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Started a game off as Chelsea (always had a soft spot for them for some reason) and you get a bit spoilt for choice in the attacking midfielder department straight off the back. You can't logically use a tactic to accomodate them all unless you play with zero strikers.

Rotation is key it seems. Recalled Lukaku off the bat. Seems to be doing the trick so far as he is my top scorer with 8 in 6 games.

Good God i hate FM13 sometimes. Created every single formation/tactic i can derive and NOT FUCKING ONE OF THEM works with Chelsea.

There's only one tactic that you need. Sign Danny Sturridge and you instantly get 20 goals a season. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Good God i hate FM13 sometimes. Created every single formation/tactic i can derive and NOT FUCKING ONE OF THEM works with Chelsea.

Stop changing them then.

There's only one tactic that you need. Sign Danny Sturridge and you instantly get 20 goals a season. Problem solved.

Stoker Someone needs to revive this with Sturridge at Liverpool

• Like 1

Even without any new signings, you would need to be blindfolded not to win All The Things with Chelsea. <_<

4-2-3-1 (Balanced, Control)

GK (Goalkeeper, defend) - Petr Cech

DL (Full-back, auto) - Ashley Cole

DC (Central Defender, defend) - John Terry

DC (Central Defender, defend) - David Luiz

DR (Full-back, auto) - Cesar Azpilicueta

MC (Deep Lying Playmaker, support) - Frank Lampard

MC (Ball Winning Midfielder, defend) - Ramires

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Eden Hazard

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Juan Mata

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Oscar

ST (Poacher, attack) - Fernando Torres

Tweak player roles (e.g. make Luiz a Ball Playing Defender) as whim takes. Substitute other squad players like Ivanovic, Cahill, Mikel, Moses, etc. as desired. Change team instruction to Counter in tough spots.

Effect: the winning of everything.

• Like 1

Even without any new signings, you would need to be blindfolded not to win All The Things with Chelsea. <_<

4-2-3-1 (Balanced, Control)

GK (Goalkeeper, defend) - Petr Cech

DL (Full-back, auto) - Ashley Cole

DC (Central Defender, defend) - John Terry

DC (Central Defender, defend) - David Luiz

DR (Full-back, auto) - Cesar Azpilicueta

MC (Deep Lying Playmaker, support) - Frank Lampard

MC (Ball Winning Midfielder, defend) - Ramires

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Eden Hazard

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Juan Mata

AMC (Advanced Playmaker, attack) - Oscar

ST (Poacher, attack) - Fernando Torres

Tweak player roles (e.g. make Luiz a Ball Playing Defender) as whim takes. Substitute other squad players like Ivanovic, Cahill, Mikel, Moses, etc. as desired. Change team instruction to Counter in tough spots.

Effect: the winning of everything.

This is pretty much the formation/roles I use when playing with Liverpool and never seem to get any success. I remember getting whupped, like, 4-1 by some obscure Asian team just hoofing it over my defense in a friendly. Art imitates life, I guess.

Though I did try to turn Peter Gulasci into a Sweeper Keeper so I probably had it coming.