Football Manager 2013

Lineker

Nothing better than a debut hat-trick for 16 year old youth product Kevin McEachran.

Yes, it was against some crappy Mexican team in the Club World Cup semis, but it still counts. :shifty:

Is the game clever enough to have generated him as an imagined "brother" to Josh McEachran, or is the repetition of this rare-enough surname in the Chelsea ranks pure coincidence?

He'd have Josh as a favoured player if he was. Unless they hate each other.

As far as I know, the only relationship regens you can get is a son of a human manager.

Question

Is it normal for a takeover negotiation/talks to last about four months so far? I've been unable to loan/buy players and it's coming up to January now.

In my Celtic game, Motherwell started having talks about a talkover in January, and it must have been July or so until it actually happened. Keep in my mind the talks did break down and another buyer came in.

Finally got taken over. In Championship now. I don't think the guy is a Tycoon but he has a 20 for Business and 16 for Resources.

Question

Is it normal for a takeover negotiation/talks to last about four months so far? I've been unable to loan/buy players and it's coming up to January now.

In my Celtic game, Motherwell started having talks about a talkover in January, and it must have been July or so until it actually happened. Keep in my mind the talks did break down and another buyer came in.

Finally got taken over. In Championship now. I don't think the guy is a Tycoon but he has a 20 for Business and 16 for Resources.

Look at the Landmarks tab in your club history, it'll tell you what type of takeover it was.

And stop cheating.

Having got Brighton promoted, I spent a season keeping them up in the Prem before quitting the team when I felt that my spending hadn't really seen us make any progress.

I then ended up applying for any job that I fancied, before ending up back at my boys Fulham.

However, they have been in the Championship for a season, and need to get back up into the Prem. I was given a reasonable budget, and bought Danny Graham and Macheda. As it stood, they'd already managed to keep some stupidly good players at that level (that Chirides or whatever defender that Spurs like, for example).

Realistically, I should walk it, and already beat Southampton away from home 4-1.....but we'll see.

Idly started up a game by taking the first non-Champions League Prem side that the game threw me on random selection (it tried to give me Man Utd - fuck off!)...which resulted in me taking on Everton.

First season was hindered by the fact that only Jelavic was scoring me goals, and then Lee Cattermole (as previously mentioned in this thread) went and broke his ankle. Didn't make any waves in the cups, losing to City in the FA Cup 6th round and going out early in the COC, and eventually scraped my way to a 6th place finish and Europa qualification. So basically...a real non-event of a season.

No money for transfers in my first summer but was forced to sell Fellaini (whinging that he wanted out) to Real Madrid for £21m in January. Got about half that to reinvest so bought Wanyama in for £8m.

Just coming to the end of the 2013 summer and have funded further squad changes with another sale - Heitinga out to Juventus for £15m. Managed to fund three more signings from my resulting boost in funds: Savic for £5.25m from Fiorentina, Weiss for £8.5m from Pescara and Chamakh for £2.4m from Arsenal.

It's an interesting challenge in that, for whatever reason, when I've taken clubs like Aston Villa or Nottingham Forest or Fulham in the past, I've ended up with a lot more financial flexibility than this. Maybe if/when I qualify for the Champions League it will open up. Who knows.

I continued the Barca/Real net game with Ant last night. Still having fun!

I'm unbeaten in the league (as Barca), but he's 5pts clear as I've drawn quite a few. We're both safely into the last 16 of the CL, and 5th round of the CDR.

It's December now, so the January window is fast approaching. I've got a few players in mind to increase the numbers, as opposed to strengthening as such.

Ant says he might put a bid in for Oscar Cardozo. I've quoted him £100m. Probably fair given his first few months. (H)

One of the most enjoyable parts of the game so far, aside from playing with someone else, which is far better than alone (wahey), is giving a debut to 14 year old Giorgios Spanoudakis. He's now Barca's youngest ever player. Hoping he'll succeed Xavi one day. He featured in both legs of the cup match against Cacereno, and performed above expectations.

Ant doesn't know it yet, but I'm considering putting a bid in for one of his players.

This has taught me that net games can be fun!

The game runs as smoothly as it does when you play alone.

We put an hour or two in on a weekday evening and we're up to December already.

Ant forgot to uncheck the "move matches for tv" until the league fixtures were out, so this season we generally play at different times and watch each others match/sort our own tactics out for the upcoming match. We play at the same time in Cup/CL games though (and will in the league from next season).

It's awesome.