The Download Festival Thread

DFF

I'm missing the festival for the second year in a row, but I have considerably fewer regrets about not attending this year. There are a handful of bands that I'd be interested in seeing, but they're all spread across the three days, meaning that even a day ticket doesn't seem like particularly good value. To be honest, the entire festival experience has been appealing to me less and less over the last couple of years, and I'm becoming much more inclined to attend one or two concerts a year and enjoy the benefits of returning home the same evening and getting on with my regular life.

This is gonna be my first Download, pretty damn excited. Really looking forward to a few bands (Gaslight Anthem, Black Stone Cherry, The Hives and Jimmy Eat World). There's about 12 of us all going together, it's gonna be great fun

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, from what I've seen of Download, and from what everyone I know has said, Volbeat were the hit of the whole festival. Not really my thing all that much, but my girlfriend loves them. Definitely a solid performance, anyway.

• 11 months later...

Nope, I'm gonna Hellfest instead (first time I won't have gone since I started going to festivals :( 2007-2013 is a good run though) - Maiden, Aerosmith and Sabbath headlining, but I'm mainly going because Deep Purple are on the bill.

• 5 months later...

The first announcement for 2015 is coming at 8am on Monday.

KISS, Motley Crue, Slash and Enter Shikari are amongst those rumoured.

Download: Keeping metal from at least 20 years ago relevant!

I must clarify, only KISS were touted as a headliner in that bunch. Muse, Slipknot, Pearl Jam and the Foos have been the most spoken about for the other two headline slots.