The January 2013 Transfer Window Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta tells Marca he passed up the opportunity to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. According to Laporta, Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes offered Ronaldo while he was still playing for Sporting Lisbon for a lower figure than Manchester United eventually paid, but the Catalans were still unable to meet the price.

Tottenham are checking out Hamburg striker Heung-Min Son, 20, who would cost around £10m, reports the Enfield Independent.

• Admin

Spanish midfielder Michu, 26, signs a new four-year contract that will keep him at Swansea City until 2016. "It was an easy decision for me. I am living a dream here at Swansea and I'm probably enjoying my football more than ever," he tells the club's official website.

West Ham United defender Guy Demel agrees a new deal that will keep him at Upton Park until the summer of 2015. The Ivory Coast full-back, 31, joined the Hammers from German side Hamburg in August 2011.

Paris Saint-Germain defender Diego Lugano joins Malaga on loan until the end of the season.

Apart from in goal, Newcastle could now field a fairly strong all-French XI.

Go on then.

Considering you've only got seven players (Debuchy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Obertan and Amalfitano) to work with...

Tit.

It involved Newcastle solving their defensive woes by playing 3 at the back and at least one of those was a full back.

They were also including Gouffran or whatever his name is. It led me to reach the conclusion that Pardew, rather than using Football Manager like most people, is in fact under the impression that FIFA Ultimate Team is a real thing and that they'll definitely win the title once he gets everyone up to 9 chemistry.

Mammary.

I can't remember the exact team, it was a graphic on Sky Sports News overnight.

Tit.

The one that included three players that haven't signed for us and only one centre back?

Yeah, wonderful.

Nipple.

I think you could blag Abeid and Moyo despite them being declared for other nations, presume Skys graphic also included Gouffran, Haidara and maybe even Sissoko? Don't really care as long as they're good.

Edit: Boobie.

Edited by Colly

On the basis that Colo can say 'Duck a L'Orange' and 'Renault Clio' and we sign the three players we've been linked to, you could make a decent French speaking outfield ten.

Debuchy, Colo, Yanga-Mbiwa, Haiddara, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Cisse, Gouffran

And with subs left over

Steeve 'Arper, Sissokho, Obertan, Bigirimana, Abeid, Amalfitano and Moyo

I didn't realize there was such a strong anti-Liverpool thing amongst Newcastle fans. But apparently!

I mean we both have Kevin Keegan in common and took from you Carroll, you should be nicer! :P