EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2012: The Results

GoGo Yubari

Castle: Like most entries, heard of but never sought out

New Girl: Gave the first three or four episodes a watch because I wub Zooey, but it didn't really hook me so I stopped. But decent enough

Modern Family: I love Modern Family! It's not hysterically funny but it's just a good show to watch whether it makes you laugh or not

The League: loads of my mates are now obsessed with this. I watched the first season and it was ok. I'l probably be watching all of it very soon

30 Rock: I saw the first season back when it first came out over here on Channel Four. Truth is it's an excellent show and I can't believe I've never properly sat down and watched it all. I'm sure I will, though.

35. Gravity Falls - Had never heard of it. Looks intriguing.

34. Once Upon A Time - I have external genitalia, so it interests me naught.

33. QI - Need to watch it

32. American Horror Story - Trashy and stupid. Mindlessly fun.

31. True Blood - My ex forced me to watch it and I got occasional kicks out of it. Stopped watching after we broke up.

30. Castle - I love me some Nathan Fillion and the chick gets my freak juice flowing, but not into police procedural drama stuff.

29. New Girl - Never seen it.

28. Modern Family - Started watching recently. Makes me chuckle.

27. The League - One of my top three comedies. Religiously watch it. Sole reason I started an NFL fantasy comp this year.

26. 30 Rock - Haven't watched in a while but always enjoy it when I do.

• Like 1

30. Castle - I love me some Nathan Fillion and the chick gets my freak juice flowing, but not into police procedural drama stuff.

I'm gonna start using this to describe basically anything I like.

"A good meatloaf gets my freak juice flowing!"

I forgot to vote, but I'm still gonna give my opinions on these as best I can.

50. Peep Show - Never seen

49. Fringe - Never seen.

48. Girls - Not sure what this is.

47. Revolution - Pretty bad

46. Suits - Never seen

45. Don't Trust The B----- - Watched once and never again

44. Workaholics - Not seen

43. Arrow - Decent

42. Shameless - Not seen the UK or US versions

41. NCIS - No. Just no. I think my grandma watches this.

40. Burn Notice - Watched once.

39. The Office - Went downhill after Steve Carell left.

38. Happy Endings - Not heard of. it

37. Treme - Not heard of it

36. The Thick Of It - Never seen it.

35. Gravity Falls - Love this show.

34. Once Upon A Time - My friend and her sister tried to get me to watch it. Not my thing.

33. QI - Never heard of it.

32. American Horror Story - Watched the first season, nothing since. it was alright.

31. True Blood - Vampires. (N)

30. Castle - Never seen it

29. New Girl - Decent show, pretty funny.

28. Modern Family - Hilarious. Watch this every week.

27. The League - Never seen it.

26. 30 Rock - I watch this if there's nothing on TV. It's okay, but not great.

- I watch a bunch of reality/game shows like Amazing Race and Survivor. I don't watch much TV other than WWE and what I had said I watch. Oh, and Glee. I love Glee.

Edited by I_Like_EWR

Castle - Never watched it, although a friend has the Season 1-3 boxset and I've been meaning to borrow it.

New Girl - Love it, although I'd watch anything with Zooey Deschanel in it.

Modern Family - It's good. My wife watches it religiously and she thinks it's the funniest program ever along with The Middle.

The League - Never seen it - don't think it's on in the UK and I've never sought it out to watch by other means.

30 Rock - Watched the first series, but that was like in 2007 wasn't it. Forgot about it after that and never felt the need to go back to it.

50. Peep Show - I've never seen it.

49. Fringe - I haven't watched it but I've heard good things about it.

48. Girls - Never even heard of it.

47. Revolution - Never even heard of it.

46. Suits - I don't watch USA shows.

45. Don't Trust The B----- - I've heard people talk about it but I haven't seen it.

44. Workaholics - I've seen bits and pieces of it and it's on Netflix so I might give it a go. Seems like it would be up my alley.

43. Arrow - I never watched Smallville so I probably will never watch this either.

42. Shameless - I've caught a few episodes and what I've seen I've enjoyed.

41. NCIS - Terrible.

40. Burn Notice - I don't watch USA shows.

39. The Office - I was never into this show but again it's on Netflix so I might give it a go.

38. Happy Endings - Not interested.

37. Treme - I've heard of the show because my sister watches it but I've never seen.

36. The Thick Of It - Don't know what this is.

35. Gravity Falls - Don't know what this is either.

34. Once Upon A Time - I have a friend who watches this show but it doesn't interest me.

33. QI - Never heard of it.

32. American Horror Story - My sister and her friend rave about this show to me. I keep being told to watch it.

31. True Blood - My ex-girlfriend forced me to watch this show but I forced her to watch Entourage. So I guess it was a fair trade.

30. Castle - I haven't watched it before but it has Nathan Fillion so I'm interested.

29. New Girl - Never seen it.

28. Modern Family - I don't watch it.

27. The League - I love this show. Obviously. It's moving away from football and towards crazy and zany adventures.

26. 30 Rock - I've never watched the show.

Okay, quick survey. Do people want me to keep going with this and then just copy and paste the results after Crisis on Infinite EWBs, losing all the discussion that resulted, or do y'all want me to wait until this whole thing is settled?

Do people want me to keep going with this and then just copy and paste the results after Crisis on Infinite EWBs, losing all the discussion that resulted, or do y'all want me to wait until this whole thing is settled?

Bees are on the what now?

Fucking finally.

tumblr_mchdx66iGp1rswnueo1_1280.jpg

25. South Park (65 pts, appeared on eight ballots) (Last Year: #16)

pois2cast1-600x350.jpg

24. Person of Interest (71 pts, appeared on seven ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

chucklastscene.png

23. Chuck (71 pts, appeared on eleven ballots) (Last Year: #14)

adventuretime.png

22. Adventure Time (76 pts, appeared on six ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

sherlock-tv-series.jpg

21. Sherlock (92 pts, appeared on nine ballots) (Last Year: N/A)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 Shows of 2012: Rock beats spoon. You should know that. You're an archaeologist.

- South Park is no longer even on my radar.

- Despite the Nolan involvement, I suspect Person of Interest is just CBS Procedural #324.

- Chuck never caught my interest, but I think I see why people enjoy it.

- I get the idea I might like Adventure Time if I gave it a shot.

- I really need to see Sherlock. My new found access to Netflix should resolve this at some point.

50. Peep Show - Never seen it.
49. Fringe - Never seen it.
48. Girls - It wasn't bad, but it didn't completely grab me. I did get invested in the characters, though. I'm more optimistic about season 2. Especially with Donald Glover having a cameo.
47. Revolution - I hope this dies.
46. Suits - Never seen it.
45. Don't Trust The B----- - I need to catch up on it, although, it's pretty much dead in the water.
44. Workaholics - Super fun show. It's a great watch.
43. Arrow - Never seen it. Not interested.
42. Shameless - Gotta catch up on it.
41. NCIS - FUCK YOU.
40. Burn Notice - Gotta catch up on it.
39. The Office - First time that I didn't put it on my list (I think.) It obviously fell off in quality, but I still keep through it because I might as well. It's ending in a couple of months. It still has its moments.
38. Happy Endings - I'm so glad that I was able to catch up on this wonderful show. So good.
37. Treme - Never seen it.
36. The Thick Of It - Never seen it.
35. Gravity Falls - I've seen a few episodes and really enjoyed them. Gotta catch up.
34. Once Upon A Time - Never seen it. Not interested.
33. QI - Never seen it.
32. American Horror Story - Watched the first season. It was alright. I didn't like the ending and certain aspects of it. Heard the second season is way better, though. I'll wait for it to finish up and watch it all together.
31. True Blood - Hate it.

30. Castle - Never seen it.

29. New Girl - Seen a couple of episodes. Hasn't really caught my attention. May get to it one day.

28. Modern Family - I still watch it because it still has humorous moments and makes great company for food-tv watching.

27. The League - This last season that just wrapped up was its weakest, but by no means does that mean it was bad. Still so good.

26. 30 Rock - I'm all caught up except for this last season that's airing right now. Still fantastic. Still fun.

25. South Park - I dunno, man. It still has some genius takes on topics, but I'm kind of over it on a whole.

24. Person of Interest - Never seen it.

23. Chuck - It lost me towards the end of its final season. Meh.

22. Adventure Time - Fantastic show. Everyone should watch.

21. Sherlock - Never seen it.

South Park can still strike a nerve when they need to, but for the most part, they've become what they mock.

Person of Interest has a great cast, but it's dull as hell.

Chuck's one of those shows I'm just waiting to pop up on Netflix so I can watch it all in a couple weeks.

Everyone raves about Adventure Time, but I literally know nothing about it.

Haven't seen Sherlock.

I stopped following/caring about South Park years ago but I've been told it's still pretty good. I don't know, I just can't seem to bother anymore.

I liked the idea of Person of Interest more than the execution. Of course, part of the issue is the fact that I basically forgot that it was on CBS and of course it was going to turn into a boring procedural.

I love Chuck. It's one of my all-time favorites. It definitely had it's ups and downs but Season 2 is one of the best seasons of TV ever and is solid for a majority of the show's entire run.

I've heard Adventure Time mentioned on here but that's about it.

I'm going to get around to Sherlock at some point. Though I do quite like that I was able to watch Elementary without comparing the two since Elementary turned out to be pretty fun. From what I've heard, I imagine this is less fun but probably better overall.

South Park - I still enjoy it, and the latest few episodes have been great.

Person of Interest - My friend loves it, but looks incredibly dull to me.

Chuck - I've seen a few episodes here and there. I will make the time to watch it all eventually.

Adventure Time - On the too watch this, pending I watch Phineas and Ferb first.

Sherlock - Probably the best new thing BBC have done since they brought back Doctor Who.