The Oscars 2013

Jimmy

Just came back from seeing ZD30 and while I did enjoy it I can see why Bigelow wasn't nominated. Some questionable choices with character and seemingly rushed finish to a movie that had dragging scenes earlier in the movie. Affleck not getting a nomination is ridiculous.

Also, Paranorman better win Animated Feature. I loved Wreck-It-Ralph, but man was Paranorman wonderful.

Haven't seen Lincoln or The Sessions yet, but after seeing Les Mis, I'd definitely like to see Hathaway walk away with an oscar over Weaver and Amy Adams. Don't know where else it's going to win majorly, because I don't think it was best picture good and I can't see Jackman getting the nod for best actor.

Also, the new trailer in cinemas for Zero Dark Thirty has me pumped because it looked fucking incredible.

It's lovely. I just can't wrap my head around how it's got so many nominations. But yeah, The Oscars are silly, I just like to get involved in all the hype.

It's fun the first few times, but you ended up more jaded than pro wrestling fans.

...starting to see a connection here... :shifty:

I just saw Zero Dark Thirty and I'm going to need a goof reason why Jessica Chastain shouldn't win Best Actress. As for Bigelow getting snubbed, it wouldn't surprise me if it's in some form of protest against her because of the supposed "pro-torture" stance the movie has been suggested as having.

Also, these really good movies need to stop giving Kyle Chandler bit parts and put him in a more prominent role. I looooove me some Coach Taylor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the show is tonight. I'm bummed that I won't get to see Seth's monologue. My picks:

Picture

Argo

Best Actor

Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln

Best Actress

Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook

Best Supporting Actor
Tommy Lee Jones, Lincoln

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway, Les Miserables

Best Director
Steven Spielberg, Lincoln