Benji

I'm torn. Generally backdoor pilots don't result in great episodes, but I think I'm overall more interested in The Flash being in Arrow than I am The Flash having his own show. Though a big part of that is the strength of Arrow and that we don't yet know how good or bad The Flash could be.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely optimistic, but I'd say there's a caution there for me. Arrow is great at the "realistic" stuff, I worry that The CW won't be able to provide the level of budget they'd need to for a character like The Flash, who'll need way more special effects and CGI stuff. It's more that I've been hurt before and I'm scared about being hurt again, even if this new show has treated me right so far, despite a rocky start.

I think you're assuming the realistic stuff that they do well with Arrow will vanish which I highly doubt. They'll obviously introduce the idea of superpowers to the show but I think it'll still be grounded in reality. So they would either avoid that villain you mentioned altogether or adapt in a way that makes sense for the universe. I mean, they do still want it to cross over with Arrow so they can't get away from that approach too much.

Alright, Arrow, come on now, I'm not sure we need a shocking reveal every episode! Especially not like, two major ones at the same time! :P I'm curious to see if all these pieces tie together (The League of Shadows, Brother Blood, HIVE, ARGUS, whatever happens with Barry Allen and now Merlyn) of if these are all separate stories. I'm hoping that'll be it for big shocking reveals and we start expanding on them now, rather than introducing more. Needs more Slade, also. But you already knew that.

Also:

gif10-david-tennant-doctor-who.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, holy fucking shit at that ending.

Figured that when the affair came up that Thea or Ollie may have been Malcolm's child.... but it's one hell of a game changer now that he's actually back. Great news though, he's an awesome villain.

Agreed with TKz about wanting to see how it all ties together, and how much of it is connected. Also I know the general consensus is Arrow and Black Canary forever, but after the last two episodes I so want an Ollie/Felicity romance to happen!

Black Canary and Green Arrow is eternal, man. But yeah, Felicity is pretty adorable.

Man, if nothing else, Arrow does a great job at maintaining the lady's man aspects of the character from the comics. How many women does this guy have on the go at once!?

• 2 weeks later...

Loved tonights episode...more of Felicitys adorable awkwardness.

and in that dress during the dance, Felicity was SMOAKIN!

• Like 2

What a fucking episode! God damn, I love this show. Everything is really tying together. I get the feeling that either Brother Blood will have something to do with the League of Shadows and we'll know by next week, or we're going to see this story wrap up by next episode, with the League and R'as Al Ghul being the main villain upon the return.

• Like 1

Another awesome ep. I don't know a great deal about Barry Allan or The Flash, but I really liked the character on the show. I was genuinely annoyed hat I have to wait a further week to see what happens.

Barrrowman is the best bad guy. Can't wait to see Ras Al Ghul. Although I'm half expecting a swerve and Merlyn is actually Ras. It would explain how he came back to life. It was quite suspect how Moira was just casually able to contact the leader of the League too. So I guess that would also mean that Thea is in some weird way Talia? Totally letting my imagination get away here

:P

Awesome episode.

I like Slade in the present day, though I'd prefer to see him as the badass mercenary on his own rather than head of a company. I hope when Oliver defeats him, he doesn't end up dead, because this Slade Wilson has plenty of potential as a villain for any other spin offs or reappearences down the line.