Benji

Can't believe I have to wait until February to have this back in my life! It's by some distance the best thing on TV just now. I may have to go re-watch season 1 in the mean time.

Just the 2nd half. First half of season 1 was dull

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious how much that opinion would change if you were to re-watch the first half now. I think they cleaned up some stuff but I thought it was always a solid show. Nothing quite like how it's turned out to be now but I always enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

Second half of the season started today with a good episode. Seems like Laurel will have a slightly different role this season digging in Sebastian Bloods background. Hopefully they'll get away from the seemingly tacked on substance abuse plotline they were giving her

Also, from the preview for next weeks episode

WPDS0i6.jpg

Wasn't really that into this week's. It was a weird week where I actually enjoyed Agents of SHIELD more, which has got to have only happened like once before tops. But, I mean, it's table-setting so whatever.

Seriously, this show is out doing itself every week, its incredible..

Olivers reveal to Roy about his identity was really well done. It was built the entire episode with hints and stuff. Roys reaction was great.

Moira going back to seemingly being evil too

Plus anything that getsa Michael Jai White on my tv on a regular basis is good

Fantastic episode, Nysa was one of the best antagonists yet. I really hope she shows up again further down the line. I'm psyched to see that Canary is back as Canary.

But man, talk about harsh, instead of Island flashbacks featuring the lovely Manu Bennett, we get teen Laurel being a teenager. Great. I'm so beyond sick of her character at this point, especially the way she acted at the end of the episode upon discovering her dead sister was alive. Last time a character became this useless, the writers killed him off. Really hoping Laurel ends up the same way. She's pretty obviously a relic of a different type of show that this one started as... and definitely doesn't have much of a place in this new one they've created. I get the feeling she'll be Black Canary's version of Tommy.

My biggest fear at this point is that they kill off lovely and wonderful Sara and keep Laurel around. They actually had me convinced for a second that might happen.

Regarding Laurel

I think Laurels reaction to finding out Sarah was alive was perfect. In the flashback, Laurel finds out in the course of a day that

A. Her boyfriend died

B. Her sister died

C. Her boyfriend was cheating on her with her sister

That's a while lot for a teenage girl to take in, and would lead to a lot of hostility towards Sarah, for breaking her trust add her sister. Of course, she had no target to direct this hostility since Sarah was dead. Si she suppressed her anger, and as people tend to do, remembered the dead in a positive way.

Now Sarah is alive. Laurel blames every negative thing that's happened to her on Sarah, and now has a target, so she lashed out.

I have more I want to put, but I'm at work on my phone and is taking forever

Yeah, it's a double-edged sword. It's an understandable reaction but she wasn't very endearing while making her point and was entirely too melodramatic for the point to land. Then again melodrama is pretty much her middle name.

I do disagree with the notion that she's a relic to a different show, though. The end was dripping soap.

Fuck that was good! Seriously was on the brink of tears 3 or 4 times during that, the hell man, I'm not usually one to get emotional over TV shows, but damn. I can't believe how much I love Sarah and her character after in Season 1 she was originally dismissed as the bimbo sister of Laurel who was a bit slutty and caused a whole lot of trouble. It's amazing how they've managed to keep all that stuff and turn it into something awesome.

Love the idea of Oliver, Roy & Sarah being an awesome team with Diggle and Felicity as support. Can't wait to find out what Slade & Blood are upto. Not to mention there's Meryln as well as Ras and the League all waiting in the wings too. Oh and Suicide Squad.

With all the spoilered stuff I feel they've already put enough set up type stuff in place to deliver an equally awesome 3rd season when the time comes. Seriously, my favourite show right now and certainly a front runner for favourite of all time.