2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Can Agger manage another season relatively injury free? He doesn't usually. Also, weren't a lot of Liverpool fans on here stating they didn't have a proper left back, despite the aceness of El Toro?

5th at very best for me, but I see it being lower than that.

Nobody thought he'd stay relatively injury free this season. Rodgers put him on a specified training program at the start of the season, same with Gerrard. It appears to have done wonders for both of them. I think people were saying we don't have a decent backup LB (because Enrique is absolutely fine as first choice), because Robinson isn't ready to step up yet, but really, we have three RBs that can conceivably do the job in the first team, so Johnson can provide cover for Enrique. I mean, ideally, we'd bring in another LB, sure, but it's not the problem area people are making it out to be for me.

I think our priorities, in order, should be:

- Starting CB (Williams)
- Backup DM (Wanyama)
- Starting RW (Ben Arfa)
- Backup ST (Gameiro)
- Backup GK (Ochoa)
- Backup LB (Cissokho)

That's working under the assumption that nobody will leave. We obviously need to replace those that do, and a new starting LW or CAM depending on where Coutinho plays from now. No chance we will be able to cover all of those areas in just the summer window, but progress until Rodgers is able to complete the squad he wants.

Edited in the names of players we've been linked to in those positions, so it seems Rodgers also sees those areas as the ones that need strengthening.

If Wayne Rooney leaves, David Moyes looks at Karim Benzema to replace him.

Arsenal might make a 20M bid for Stevan Jovetic if they qualify for the UCL.

Several newspapers reporting that Galatasaray will make a huge bid for Chelsea's John Terry. The rumoured wages would be 200k/week.

Alan Pardew admitted he is going to get sacked by the end of the season.

Liverpool are chasing Toulouse's Aymen Abdennour.

Bolton are close to sealing a 1M deal for Jermaine Beckford.

Fiorentina want to get Southampton's Gaston Ramirez back to Italy with a 12M pounds bid.

Edited by RafaelFms

Skrtel is going nowhere according to Rodgers.

Liverpool may need two CBs because Coates may be off and Carragher is gone. A Lucas cover player.

No, Pardew hasn't.

Also, I do love how different rules apply to Liverpool players and Gareth Bale in the 'he's definitely not going anywhere' game. You have to laugh!

Come back when Bale gets "dare" and "dream" tattooed on his knuckles...

The Bale vs. Suarez "Our Guy Is Totally Staying Your Guy Is Totally Leaving" debate is so dumb. Super dumb. The dumbest.

• Like 1

The Bale vs. Suarez "Our Guy Is Totally Staying Your Guy Is Totally Leaving" debate is so dumb. Super dumb. The dumbest.

We should make it a triple threat to include Benteke in order to make it more excited!!!

I wouldn't get my hopes up with Pipita, he's definitely off to Juventus, I don't know why cause with Llorente, they don't need him. Jovetic on the other hand could be possible, he wants to be out of Fiore as soon as possible so Arsenal could have a damn fine striker there

Where is Coates off to?

Nowhere set in stone, but Rodgers doesn't fancy him and he wants game time, so he'll likely be off. Whether it's on loan or permanently remains to be seen.

Coates is a tricky one. He's a world beater for Uruguay, and a pussycat for us.

Word here is Coates could come in loan to Boca

I think Seba doesn't have the pace to be in the Premier League, he doesn't react quickly so he loses the mark quite often and easy. In Uruguay he's playing alongside a defender like Lugano who commands the defense and make them play like he wants, and maybe playing with Uruguay gives you like superpowers or something, look at Muslera, an average player for Galatasaray and a beast when he's playing for Uruguay

Edited by Khain