2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Was he taking the club tour? I believe it's only 8 Euros or 20 for a family ticket.

Would take him at Villa to be honest. Seems solid whenever i have seen him.

Is that your response to every player that wants to leave? :P

Nah, he'll get snapped up by one of the Russian teams I reckon. He's still a great player, just doesn't fit BR's system. Would probably raise a very useful £12m too.

Would take him at Villa to be honest. Seems solid whenever i have seen him.

Is that your response to every player that wants to leave? :P

Nah, he'll get snapped up by one of the Russian teams I reckon. He's still a great player, just doesn't fit BR's system. Would probably raise a very useful £12m too.

How does he not fit Rodgers' system? Does he not play centre halfs? I vaguely understand him not playing Carroll, but what possible issue could he have with Skrtel?

He can't really play a high line, he's not great with the ball at his feet or playing it out from the back. He's been caught out on several occasions. He's more of a traditional no-nonsense defender. Plus he's been badly out of form for a long time. You could argue Carragher has exactly the same traits, but he's been an absolute rock since he came back into the team, and we've played deeper to accommodate him. Neither are really the answer to our problems, even if Carragher weren't retiring.

They're both prone to mistakes with the style of play, but we've lost one game since Carragher came back into the team. That speaks for itself really.

I don't believe for a second you don't understand the different styles of centre backs. :P

• Like 1

Several newspapers reporting that Paul Pogba might be making a move to Arsenal this summer. Pogba said he has been unhappy with life in Italy and a £15M bid could be enough for Juventus.

Owen Coyle is the favourite to take over at Wolverhampton.

Everton/Fulham might sign Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku on loan next season.

Hatem Ben Arfa is a target for rich Monaco.

Newcastle will try to ''steal'' Blackpool's Thomas Ince from Liverpool.

Fulham are interested in Ajax's Ryan Babel.

Edited by RafaelFms

Dwight Gayle has been linked with Villa again. I haven't seen much of him but as he scored 20 goals in a team that got relegated there must be something about him.

He didn't score 20 goals for Posh in the Championship last season, the first 7 came in League Two for Dagenham & Redbridge. Plus the Peterborough chairman has slapped a massive price tag on him.

Soccernet is reporting by way of the Press Association that Falcao is set to have a physical at Monaco, ahead of a 60 million euro move.

That's disappointing. Giving up Champions League football for a shit load of money. At least go to PSG, City, Real, or Chelsea where youcan try and have both!