2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Cannot understand Schwarzer doing that. He said that he was leaving Fulham in order to get first team football in a World Cup year.

Career winding down, one last massive payday without having to move.

We're taking over/under bets on whether Schwarzer can match Neil Sullivan's Chelsea appearance tally (eight). :shifty:

Edit: Or better yet, compare Aussie with Aussie - Mark Bosnich only managed seven.

Swansea's team looks legitimately fantastic already. If Laudrup stays for the full season I can see them finishing as high as 6th/7th or going far in the Europa League. Bony is a great signing.

I can see Suarez joining Chelsea to be honest. He'd be a great signing for them and they're probably willing to spend the money.

As for Everton, Alcaraz and Joel are good signings for not a lot of money. Alcaraz will be good left sided back-up and Joel is easily capable of doing what Mucha has done for the last three seasons. He's got great long-term potential too, not surprised he's signed a 5-year deal. Now all EFC need to do is sign McCarthy and/or McManaman and they can leave Wigan alone -_-

• Admin

We have sold Nathan Byrne to Swindon, and have also loaned them Alex Pritchard for the season.

West Brom have signed Goran Popov on another season-long loan deal from Dynamo Kiev.

Giorgos Karagounis has signed a one-year contract at Fulham.

I can see Suarez joining Chelsea to be honest. He'd be a great signing for them and they're probably willing to spend the money.

Aha, ahahahaha, haha, ha.

But then, there are rumours that we are making serious moves for Suarez...using Ivanovic as the bait.

• Like 6

But then, there are rumours that we are making serious moves for Suarez...using Ivanovic as the bait.

:pervert:

• Admin

Internacional director of football Luis Cesar Souto de Moura has revealed the club have turned down a bid from Napoli for Leandro Damiao. Napoli are also poised to sign Jose Callejon from Real Madrid, pending a medical.

You laugh as if he isn't one of the best strikers in the world.

You laugh as if he isn't one of the best strikers in the world.

He is a very good striker. At Ajax he scored 101 goals in 141 starts (I think?). And of all the top, Champions League level clubs in Europe none of them would touch him, so he ended up at Liverpool.

There are reasons.

Further Benteke-orientated tweets from that HLN correspondent, which generally make sense:

Christian #Benteke only wants to join Spurs. Liverpool made an enquiry, but he told them he wasn't interested. #LFC #AVFC #CFC

Christian Benteke also isn't keen on joining #CFC, as the player thinks he's not ready for Chelsea and fears he won't be first choice. #AVFC