2013 Summer Transfer Thread

The Fabregas one is pissing me off too. Utd keep bidding and are told he's not for sale. There's being persistent, then there's taking the piss. Just concentrate on other targets.

Conversely, Chelsea have made precisely one bid and all the rest is newspaper faff and/or lies from Manchester United.

Martino just said that he's not for sale at any price. Obviously that isn't true but unless Cesc says that he wants to go (and I doubt he does) you're going to have to spend an extortionate amount on him.

Martino just said that he's not for sale at any price. Obviously that isn't true but unless Cesc says that he wants to go (and I doubt he does) you're going to have to spend an extortionate amount on him.

That's what I was referring to, we should just give up. Areas need strengthening, and we're a few weeks from the season starting without Moyes making any additions.

• Like 1

12.55 BST: Pablo Daniel Osvaldo could become a Premier League player this weekend, with Fulham emerging as the new favourites to sign the Roma forward. FULL STORY HERE.

He any good?

I think he'd do well for Fulham, got a good goal scoring record, is quite skillful and versatile and would benefit the team as a whole. But he can be a temperamental prick

The Fabregas thing baffles me because I don't think we'd be bidding for a third time if we hadn't had some sort of encouragement from Barca or Cesc. But it just doesn't seem like we stand a good chance of getting him. There's no good press to be gained from being publically rejected three times so I don't buy that it's a PR exercise to show we're in for the best players. I know Fergie and Gill have left and there's going to be changes from how we operated, but this transfer window has seemed very unlike United in the sense we're used to early transfer business and very few leaks coming out of the club.

Edited by Dynamite
  • Like 1

12.55 BST: Pablo Daniel Osvaldo could become a Premier League player this weekend, with Fulham emerging as the new favourites to sign the Roma forward. FULL STORY HERE.

He any good?

I think he's better suited for Serie A or Italy but could probably do a decent job for a middle of the road team as the 'main' guy. There were links with Arsenal earlier but I wasn't to keen on him coming, but that's more due to him having to compete up top (which would play into his temperamental prick issues). A club like Fulham would be his best bet in the EPL.

The Fabregas thing baffles me because I don't think we'd be bidding for a third time if we hadn't had some sort of encouragement from Barca or Cesc. But it just doesn't seem like we stand a good chance of getting him. There's no good press to be gained from being publically rejected three times so I don't buy that it's a PR exercise to show we're in for the best players. I know Fergie and Gill have left and there's going to be changes from how we operated, but this transfer window has seemed very unlike United in the sense we're used to early transfer business and very few leaks coming out of the club.

Aw bless, you've been completely blanketed by the Dark Lord Ferg for so long.

Ipswich have signed Ryan Tunnicliffe from Manchester United on loan until January, with a view to a permanent move. Think he's a really good signing, good squad player to have with a good pedigree.

Christophe Berra has signed a two-year deal, joining on a free from Wolves, Scotland international defender, was signed by McCarthy at Wolves for 2mil. Quality signing yet again.

Waterford winger Jack Doherty also joined for 50k, 18 year old, good prospect, will be in the first team squad.

Signings 8, 9 and 10 by McCarthy in the last couple of days, with a total of 50k spent in transfer fees. Some really good business, think Ipswich may well surprise a few people this season.

I completely agree.

I can't remember United ever failing to sign anyone. The first you hear about them being interested in someone is the day they are unveiling them as a new signing.