2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Apparently Tata Martino has handed in a CB wishlist in priority order. It spells bad news for at least a couple of EWBers :shifty:

- David Luiz

- Daniel Agger

- Vincent Kompany

- Thomas Vermaelen

- Jan Vertonghen

The list's got to be fake. Surely no one wants Vermaelen more than Vertonghen. :shifty:

Or Agger over Kompany, for that matter.

I'm deadly serious. I'd have Kompany over Agger in the blink of an eye. It's, like, not even a consideration for me. I assume they've been linked with him over Kompany because it'd have to be silly money to get Kompany.

I'm deadly serious. I'd have Kompany over Agger in the blink of an eye. It's, like, not even a consideration for me. I assume they've been linked with him over Kompany because it'd have to be silly money to get Kompany.

I'm not disputing that, on all merits, Kompany is probably far superior to Agger, but he'd suit Barca's style of play far more. They're two different players.

£30mil for Modric (who wanted to leave anyway).

After rejecting £40m the previous summer, mind. :rolleyes:

Worth the £10mil for that one more season he gave us and to sell him off to a team outside of the Premier League.

Anyway, Caulker could be off to Cardiff for £9mil or so. To be honest, I know he's young and is good and stuff, but he scares me when he plays as he's prone to making bad decisions and is a bit clunky. He'd do well at a team like Cardiff and I honestly couldn't see him holding down a first team place at Spurs anyway with Vertonghen, Kaboul and Dawson clearly ahead of him in the pecking order.

I reckon he's got the potential to build a really good career at a team like Fulham or maybe an Everton or Villa. He could definitely finish with hundreds of appearances and a few England caps.

I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can't see him being a starter at Tottenham unless there was a few injuries, he has the potential to be a good defender and could easily be a starter for a handful of teams. If he does go for Cardiff for 9 mil it could be a shrewd piece of business in the long run if they manage to stay in the Prem, if he's playing regular football he'd learn to cut out the silly mistakes due to getting experience and could easily develop into a future England starter.

I'm actually disappointed to see Caulker go if that's the case, but I guess it makes sense if we've just bought a new centre half. But he looked quite good last season, especially for a centre half at the age of 21. I get the feeling it could be a transfer we could regret it years to come, but still, 9 mil is a good price. I just like having a good English section of Spurs players, and it's always a shame to see a promising young player leave. Good for him though, it's a great move move on his part.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with him last season. Lots of potential, but on more than one occasion he made horrible errors of judgment that cost us goals. I wasn't expecting him to go and didn't really want him to, but I don't think it's a horrible piece of business to sell him for nine million with presumably Chiriches coming in for less.

If Spurs don't have someone coming in, though, oh my god.