2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Really hope Moyes signs a player tomorrow. I expect it to be Fellaini, which would baffle me because we probably could have offered Everton the same amount of money two months ago and given him time to settle in rather than waiting for the last day of the window. Arsenal getting Ozil would be a great signing for them and the kind I wish we were in for. He'd really give us an extra bit of creativity in the attacking midfield position that was missing today and against Chelsea.

I can't see Arsenal signing anyone of any significance tomorrow. In fact I'd be surprised if there was any significant signings for any of the big sides. Scum may sign Fellaini but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Edit: that's excluding the deals that Liverpool have pretty much secured already.

• Admin

I'm going to hate all the Jordan Rhodes related stories over the next 24 hours I can tell.

The common sense part of me says that unless some club stumps up around £15m, we wouldn't sell (only saying around £15m because of what we paid for him, and the sell on clause that was part of the deal with Huddersfield).

The part of me that has seen the how the club has been run over the past few years won't be surprised at all if he joins Wigan for £4m

I can't see Arsenal signing anyone of any significance tomorrow. In fact I'd be surprised if there was any significant signings for any of the big sides. Scum may sign Fellaini but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Edit: that's excluding the deals that Liverpool have pretty much secured already.

22.06 BST: Sources have told ESPN that Arsenal are confident of signing Mesut Ozil to finally end their summer of difficulty in the transfer market, and have offered Real Madrid what would be a club record bid of ¬47m for the playmaker.